1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

yahoo mail configuration?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sushifor5, Sep 1, 2011.

1. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast

I was trying to set up my yahoo email account on my OV thru the email app that came on the phone...everytime i try, it says wrong username/password and doesn't let me proceed...but my info is not wrong.

is there something i need to know about configuring yahoo mail on my phone?

TIA!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

You have to have Yahoo premium to get that to work with Yahoo.

3. syav

syav Well-Known Member

sushifor5 likes this.
  4. mugwump

mugwump Newbie

If you want to use the pre-installed email app then set up Yahoo with these settings:

Incoming Settings
    --------------------
    username: <username>@yahoo.com
    password: <your password>
    IMAP server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    port:143
    security type: none
    IMAP Path Prefix: <leave blank>

Outgoing settings
    -------------------
    SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 587
    Security Type: none
    Require Sign-in: checkbox checked
    username: <username>@yahoo.com
    password: <your password>

sushifor5 likes this.
  5. sushifor5

i'll give that a try, thanks much!

EDIT:
    Oops, I tried and it only let me do incoming settings, then hit next...and it said it couldn't establish a connection.

do i need to do outgoing settings at same time? how do i do that...phone isn't giving me option.

thanks much!

6. mugwump

mugwump Newbie

You should just be able to select the Yahoo email account and Edit Settings to get to the incoming and outgoing settings.

7. sushifor5

Giving that a try, but it won't let me...hmmmm...will keep playing, thanks!

8. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

I've tried a few Yahoo apps, and have not been impressed with any of them. I check my Yahoo email box via the browser (Opera Mini), which works quite well for my needs. Also check Gmail that way too.

sushifor5 likes this.
  9. syav

syav Well-Known Member

I li&#954;&#949; &#1059;ahoomail & &#1059;ahoo &#1084;&#949;ss&#949;&#951;g&#949;r a&#961;&#961;. &#914;&#965;t since I don't use `em that much I decided to uninstall `em because those a&#961;&#961;s take up at least 5mb each. My &#961;ho&#951;&#949; is not rooted and an increase from 50mb to 60mb just from deleting those 2 a&#961;&#961;s is huge gain.

sushifor5 likes this.
  10. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Newbie

Just a comment... I prefer the official Yahoo Mail app over manually configuring the built-in "E-Mail" app.

I use the E-mail App to check my e-mail on a different generic POP server out there, and the notifications do not seem to work as well as they do on the Yahoo Mail (or Gmail) App.

With the E-mail app, the new mail icon pops up when I get new mail there and then goes away after a short time, so I will not notice I have a new message unless I'm actually looking at the phone when it comes in. The Yaho and Gmail notifications stay until I acknowledge them.

Not sure if others have the same problem, but I vaguely remember reading about other people having similar issues.

sushifor5 likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews