1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo mail is updating

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by zuben el genub, Dec 11, 2012.

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Advertisement

2. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member

People still use yahoo and/or hotmail? IMHO, even Gmail is getting to the point that it's outdated. With the vastness of the internet, and virtually EVERYONE having a website with email address capabilities, IMHO everyone should have a myname@mydomain.com style email address.

3. zuben el genub

I do. I use Gmail and GMX, too. We don't have email with ISP. Started with Yahoo when we had dialup. I don't want a myname@mydomain. I like astronomy and there's too many stars with funky names not to have any fun.

4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

Forget yahoo, I was staggered that 75% of a group still used AOL!

5. wyndslash

wyndslash Android Expert

I love gmail. I don't like @mydomain.com

...oh, i thought this was a joke.

6. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member

Haha... No I meant I figured most people owned a domain.. I buy domains just for the heck of it. When a good one pops up in my head I buy it. I must have 10 domains... just because I like em.

7. zuben el genub

The only problem I have with Yahoo mail - I've been refusing to update it. I don't want Yahoo's new services at all. So I've kept to the old version. This works on the computer, but I tried to access Yahoo Mail by a speed dial entry and all I got was this stupid page wanting me to update. Couldn't close it, couldn't get around it. Finally used Startpage search and got the m for mobile out of the address. Then I got the standard desktop page.

Android needs a way to spoof a desktop. I just don't care for the mobile versions of most sites.

8. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

Dolphin browser HD includes a user agent switcher that gives you desktop mode, just go into settings, select desktop, reload page

9. zuben el genub

Thanks. Found that in Boat, also. It must have come in during a recent update.