• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail & Messenger on Xoom

yea i noticed the same thing. i use the messenger (works great on my android phone btw) but it looks like yahoo isn't allowing it for 3.0/3.1 so it isn't showing up. right now on the xoom i am using imo, great messenger app lets you log into 6 or so im clients at once, including yahoo. the interface, while not optimized for 3.x with "fragments", works really well on the xoom.

Upvote 0
Hi, I contacted yahoo and this was the response I got...

"Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Messenger.

I see from what you've explained, you would like to access the Video Call feature in Yahoo! Messenger for Android on the Motorola Xoom Tablet. I'm glad you felt like contacting us, and am happy to answer any more questions in the future.

Our product team is testing an internal build of Yahoo! Messenger for Android to add compatibility with tablets and the front facing camera, which will be released to the public this summer.

I do appreciate the time you have taken to write in about this. If I can assist with any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again and I'll be glad to help.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Messenger.

Regards,

Cid"

...so, hopefully it'll be soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones