1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Yahoo mail problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maaavy, Sep 11, 2010.

  1. maaavy

    maaavy Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    1
    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010

    Sep 11, 2010
    1
    0
    5
    I have noticed since Thursday of last week that using the stock android mail program to get emails from yahoo it is not downloading the newest emails unless I have the setting to download today's emails only. I have re-setup the account using the automatic set up and also tried the manual set up using imap and pop and the same thing happens. I have had no problems with this at all since having my hero since the beginning of the year.
     

    Advertisement

  2. treborcj

    treborcj Android Enthusiast
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    68
    Posts:
    646
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2009

    Dec 11, 2009
    646
    33
    68
  3. Encinitas

    Encinitas Newbie
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    15
    Posts:
    17
    Joined:
    May 6, 2010

    May 6, 2010
    17
    0
    15
    Yahoo published an updated app by accident which doesn't work. It must be uninstalled and the old version 1.04 reinstalled
     
  4. jen8112

    jen8112 Android Enthusiast
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    88
    Posts:
    650
    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2009

    Nov 30, 2009
    650
    34
    88
    Seacoast, NH
    I stopped using the stock email and use the Yahoo app. MUCH better! And you can access all your folders and contacts. Soo much better. ;)
     
  5. JeffCO

    JeffCO Lurker
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    6
    Posts:
    8
    Joined:
    May 21, 2010

    May 21, 2010
    8
    4
    6
    Boulder, CO
    I started having a problem around the same time with the stock Hero mail app and yahoo but only with outgoing mail - the yahoo server was apparently not responding. I had used their auto setup for android back whenever they introduced that. What seems to have fixed the problem for now at least is that I went into the setup and removed the "android" prefix from the outgoing SMTP server address So instead of "android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" it is just "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" and now it works.

    I didn't touch the IMAP address because I haven't had problems but you might try removing the "android" portion from that.
     
Tags:

Share This Page

Loading...