1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Yahoo mail problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maaavy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. maaavy

maaavy New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I have noticed since Thursday of last week that using the stock android mail program to get emails from yahoo it is not downloading the newest emails unless I have the setting to download today's emails only. I have re-setup the account using the automatic set up and also tried the manual set up using imap and pop and the same thing happens. I have had no problems with this at all since having my hero since the beginning of the year.

Advertisement

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
  3. Encinitas

Encinitas Member

May 6, 2010
    Yahoo published an updated app by accident which doesn't work. It must be uninstalled and the old version 1.04 reinstalled

4. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Seacoast, NH
    I stopped using the stock email and use the Yahoo app. MUCH better! And you can access all your folders and contacts. Soo much better. ;)

5. JeffCO

JeffCO Member

May 21, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    I started having a problem around the same time with the stock Hero mail app and yahoo but only with outgoing mail - the yahoo server was apparently not responding. I had used their auto setup for android back whenever they introduced that. What seems to have fixed the problem for now at least is that I went into the setup and removed the "android" prefix from the outgoing SMTP server address So instead of "android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" it is just "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" and now it works.

I didn't touch the IMAP address because I haven't had problems but you might try removing the "android" portion from that.

Tags: