1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo mail receives but can't send

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kb58, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

My Inspire receives Yahoo mail just fine, but when I try to reply it kicks back with an error about not being able to connect. Can someone please review my Yahoo outgoing settings?:

SMTP server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 465

Which one is wrong?

Thanks

[edit] found another post saying that outgoing needs to be:
    SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    SSL
    Server Port: 465

Tried that and it said it couldn't connect, so I set it back to the smtp setting I had, and now it won't connect with that either. Grrrr....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

My yahoo mail worked on my Inspire for the first few weeks and then promptly stopped working for no reason at all. No matter how much I altered the already correct settings, I could never get it to work again. I ended up using the k9 mail app, it worked like a champ and I've never looked back since.

3. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

What about deleting the account. Then re-add and choose automatic setup instead of manual. That worked for Mr.

4. tsg9292

tsg9292 Newbie

It is the same for me as well but I use hotmail instead of yahoo... Could really use a fix :/

5. guyweathersby

guyweathersby Newbie

Are you on WiFi or cell? I know my cable ISP does not allow SMTP traffic except through their own server, and I am told that is common.

6. thowe21

thowe21 Newbie

Same problem here, will not connect over WIFI on an AT&T DSL account, works fine OTA.

7. Keoni

Keoni Lurker

Did the same thing for my MSN account works fine now