• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help yahoo mail stuck in outbox

I too had the same problem but did not want to clear all the data for my account. What I discovered by accident was if I long tapped on the stuck e-mail it gives me the option of deleting the e-mail.;)
I see your post (and this thread) were from quite awhile ago, I don't know if you'll see this but I have to say thank you!! After trying just about every solution listed in threads about every variation of the problem, going to two Verizon stores' tech support desks (although at that point I didn't know why I was getting error messages in the first place), calling Verizon's tech support and HTC's tech support, the stuck message continued to try to send itself (notifying me every time it failed and draining my battery) and no matter how many times I tried to get rid of it (save as draft / delete draft, discard message from outbox, etc), it came back. I started thinking of it as my phone having herpes!

Amazing, all it took was one long tap to bring up the delete option and my troubles with this were over. (How does neither Verizon nor HTC know of this solution to such an apparently common problem?)

Thank you again :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones