1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo mail users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OhOneWS6, Sep 6, 2011.

1. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

I am looking for feedback from sensation users with Yahoo mail accounts. Are you having any issues checking your yahoo mail account with the native app?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

Not using the native email app to view my yahoo email, however, I am using the Yahoo email app and it works flawlessly. Might want to try using the Yahoo based app to see if you get different results.

MooseJaw and OhOneWS6 like this.
  3. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

Thanks Wood. The yahoo mail app is not a solutions for me. I'm not going through all the details why here but you can search my thread in the Evo 3D forum if you really want all the details.

Still need feedback from people using the native app to check yahoo mail.

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert

The test message was sent/recived by my free @yahoo.com account, using the default HTC settings for yahoo IMAP.

OhOneWS6 likes this.
  5. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

I test drove the HTC evo 3D. The native app would fetch Yahoo mail correctly for a period of 1 to 2 days then it would quit. It is a known issue with that phone. That being said, setting up a yahoo account and sending a test message does not confirm the issue does not exist. It takes a day or two for it to show up.

It is unclear to me if it is the phone or that version of android that is the problem. I have two friends that use the sensation to check yahoo mail accounts. Neither of them have any problems. I just want a little more feedback from other users to confirm this. I want to make the move from an iPhone to android but because of the nature of my business and how I work, I need yahoo mail to work in the native app.

TIA,
    Matt

6. indybail

indybail Well-Known Member

I have a Motorola Cliq and have been experiencing authentication errors with Yahoo mail for some time. I have noticed I am not the only complaining. I believe the problem lies at the Yahoo mail end.

7. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

I had two yahoo accounts set up through the native app. Suddenly, for no apparent reason it stopped fetching mail for my main account. Everytime I tried to verify my settings it said my username and password weren't correct. So, I set up the yahoo mail app to fetch from that account. My second yahoo account still works fine using the native app for some reason.

MooseJaw likes this.
  8. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

Pantless, What version OS are you on? Did it by chance stop working after an OTA update?

9. colnago

colnago Android Expert

I also get auth. errors for my yahoo account on my Moto Defy from time to time. That said, I rarely, if ever, get mail to that account, and the phone is more of a backup, in which data is set to disconnect after 15 minutes, and is off most of the day/night.

10. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Well-Known Member

I used to use the stock mail client for yahoo, but thought the stock mail client was too buggy so only use it for my work email now. One time it deleted all of my mail accounts (3 gmail, 1 yahoo, and one activesync). I'm using the gmail app for my gmail and K-9 for my yahoo mail now.

11. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

I'm on 2.3.4, and come to think of it, it might have stopped working after the update!

OhOneWS6 likes this.
  12. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

Hmmm. I was afraid of that 2.3.4 seems to have many issue with Yahoo.

13. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

Well another phone is going back. The sensation has the same issue as the Evo 3D. It checked my Yahoo account just fine for a couple of days and now today it says "No Mail".

I guess I am stuck with the iPhone :KicksDirt:

14. MooseJaw

MooseJaw Newbie

Yes, I too have given up on the default mail client and went to the app store. The default would quit updating and was just not good at navigating Ymail. I don't know that you can debug it.

15. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Member

I am now using Enhanced Email. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and it is working very well with my Yahoo accounts as well as my exchange and pop3 accounts. It has all the features I wanted included an unread message count on the icon that is actually accurate.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews