• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
How do I change the user agent?

I have the Yahoo mail client for my phone, but both my wife and I will be using 5th pad and I wasn't sure how well it would work 2 users.

In the STOCK ICS browser you click on your browser settings (those three little squares at the top right hand corner) and in there you can put a 'check' in the "Request desktop site" option. You will then get the desktop version of that website.

Now,.....you also have another option. IF you always want to view the 'desktop' site version of any website...then do this: Go into your (stock) browser settings (same as before) by clicking (or tapping) on the three little squares (top right corner) and go all the way down to the bottom and click (tap) on 'Settings', then click on 'Advanced' and then go down the list near the bottom and you will see "Always request desktop site". Click on (put a check) the box at the end. Voila ! Your done !!!
Now your (stock) browser will ALWAYS try to locate and download the 'desktop' version of the website.

If I've helped then please take a moment to send a 'Thanks'.

Upvote 0
What I'm waiting for is a way to utilize all the features of my Yahoo mail that are available on my laptop. I'm talking about being able to use 'Bold' or 'Italics' or 'Underline' or change the COLOR of the text. I'm really missing that functionality in my emails. All we get is plain vanilla text on our prime now. When can we get those kind of functions on our Prime?

Anyone know? Anyone know of an app or other options that are out there to do that sort of thing?

Upvote 0
In the STOCK ICS browser you click on your browser settings (those three little squares at the top right hand corner) and in there you can put a 'check' in the "Request desktop site" option. You will then get the desktop version of that website.

Now,.....you also have another option. IF you always want to view the 'desktop' site version of any website...then do this: Go into your (stock) browser settings (same as before) by clicking (or tapping) on the three little squares (top right corner) and go all the way down to the bottom and click (tap) on 'Settings', then click on 'Advanced' and then go down the list near the bottom and you will see "Always request desktop site". Click on (put a check) the box at the end. Voila ! Your done !!!
Now your (stock) browser will ALWAYS try to locate and download the 'desktop' version of the website.

I did find that second option, and set the "always request desktop", but I wasn't aware of the ability to do it on a site-by-site basis. I'll give that a look as well.

What I'm waiting for is a way to utilize all the features of my Yahoo mail that are available on my laptop. I'm talking about being able to use 'Bold' or 'Italics' or 'Underline' or change the COLOR of the text. I'm really missing that functionality in my emails. All we get is plain vanilla text on our prime now. When can we get those kind of functions on our Prime?

Anyone know? Anyone know of an app or other options that are out there to do that sort of thing?

You do get those options when you request the desktop site. You can also use the yahoo mail ap, which I really like and use on my phone.

Upvote 0
I did find that second option, and set the "always request desktop", but I wasn't aware of the ability to do it on a site-by-site basis. I'll give that a look as well.

You do get those options when you request the desktop site. You can also use the yahoo mail ap, which I really like and use on my phone.

Well, yes the options show up but I just tried it again and those options just don't work.....at least not the way I think they should and not like they do on my laptop.

I tried both.....Reply and Compose and they both did pretty much the same thing.
I wanted to type "This is a test"....and all I managed to get was the first letter 'T' and then it immediately jumped and put the 'h' in the 'Search' line of the (stock) browser.

Give it a try yourself and see what results you get. I'd be curious to know how it goes for someone else.
Maybe using another browser may get better results, I haven't tried that just yet, but will.

So, from what I'm experiencing,.....it seems what I want to do in Yahoo Mail can't be done......on the Prime. :mad:

Upvote 0

Freaking thank you SO MUCH! I've spent hours trying to fix this and somehow I never came across those options. I created an account just to say thanks for saving a little bit of my sanity! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones