• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Messenger Apps

Are there any Yahoo Messenger apps that work properly on the EVO? Tried several versions last night and they either do not notify you properly or promptly. No flashing LED, unchangeable ring-tones or notifications or are full of advertisements. The ex has a Moment with yahoo and I was playing with it and it works perfect, just like on a computer. This sucks...

This phone should have come with a yahoo messenger app already.

I used fring and hiYahoo. Less fring...but they both seem to function.

Tried them both. Fring has too many advertisements running and it doesn't flash the LED light when the screen blacks out UNLESS you exit the conversation. Plus you can not change the ringtone/notification. Hi Yahoo doesn't get the messages quickly enough, I tried to change it to on all the time and one message didn't show for 15mins. I was the one that sent it from a computer to test these apps out. In addition no LED notification.

Upvote 0
The ex has a Moment with yahoo and I was playing with it and it works perfect, just like on a computer.

Isn't the Moment an Android phone? What app is your ex using? Maybe you can google the .apk file for that app.

DISCLAIMER: The EVO is my first Android phone, so if the Moment isn't (but everything I've seen shows it is) then just disregard this post.

Upvote 0
Just FYI guys, if you guys are going to use these apps, expect about 10% decrease in battery life / hour...

Your phone will not sleep with Meebo...

I still got by the day with 8 hours or so with minimal use with Meebo running all day... However if I use anything on the phone 6 hours would literally be max...

So be warned about using any messenger app... They ALL suck battery life...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones