• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo Messenger Loading online Contacts

Kernel 2.6.32.17. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, but that doesn't seem to help. I have not installed the extra plug-in for video and voice yet. I have no clue on this one. It has always worked. It just stopped suddenly this morning.

are you rooted? try a cache wipe and a dalvik cache wipe.

try going into your settings/applications and clear the yahoo cache and remove updates if possibe then see if it works

Upvote 0
I'm using 1.4 I just noticed. If I'm logging into the comp and then try to log on by mobile...it will log me out of the comp. But it gets stuck in "loading online contacts" and will not run on the phone. I have a feeling this is on the yahoo end, not on the EVO end. But I have no idea.

Upvote 0
I'm using 1.4 I just noticed. If I'm logging into the comp and then try to log on by mobile...it will log me out of the comp. But it gets stuck in "loading online contacts" and will not run on the phone. I have a feeling this is on the yahoo end, not on the EVO end. But I have no idea.

im using mine over wifi seeing as i dont get cell service where i reside. so see if it works over wifi and if not then its def on your end. if it does work and doesnt work on cell service then maybe yahoo or cell provider port issue

Upvote 0
I am also having this problem with my android based phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the plug-ins and the messenger. I have factory reset my phone and reinstalled the plug in and messenger. And still my online contacts will not load. Im thinking this is an issue with the app because my yahoo messenger works just fine on my laptop. I have also noticed that when logging out of the yahoo messenger app and power cycle my phone, I go to log back into yahoo when the phone is turned on and the app is already logged in??? When I clearly logged out before shutting the phone off. I have 2.2.1 up date on my phone as well. If anyone figures this problem out please share the cure. Also the more people that report a problem with the app the more likely it will get addressed.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem and I've opened a new thread before seeing this one. I have a HTC Desire S and it started happening today all of a sudden. I've no idea why. It does log in, but I can't perform any action and if I do log out, it doesn't really log out, because I'm still online for the other users on my list.
It worked just fine yesterday and it always worked fine (apart from a few bugs easy to overcome).
Doesn't anyone have a clue? Is this a HTC issue? Does it happen on any other brands?

Upvote 0
Happening to me too. Have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and still it won't load
online contacts and eventually closes on me all together. When I reinstall and go to log in
it already has me logging in again as my last username attempt. Anyone know if any other apparently
to use till this is figured out or yahoo fixes this? I really feel it is nothing on my end. Any suggestions? I did go to settings and tried to clear cache but it wasn't a option as it was grayed out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
I think it is a server issue, you could be signing in to a different server depending on the device you use. Mine just logged me out about twenty minutes ago and wont load contacts on the phone, but appears to work fine on the computer.

This has happened to me at least on three other occasions, usually straightens out in a couple hours to a day.

go to the market and look at the reviews for today...looks like its out for most folks.

Reactions: divas07
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones