1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

YAHOO Messenger Problems

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Irishprincess, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Irishprincess

Irishprincess Lurker

I am having an issue with my yahoo messenger, in that I am receiving Multiple messages of the same thing. My friend will answer and I receive it 100x NO JOKE!!!!! If anyone can help I'd be most appreciative.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

Try clearing the data and cache associated with the app, you'll need to set it up again, but it may clear your issue. Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Yahoo -> Clear Data & Clear Cache.

If that doesn't work, you could try removing and re installing.

I've never used the app before and I can't find anyone with similar issues via google, but that would be a good starting point. Hopefully some one else who uses the app will chime in.

3. Langerz10

Langerz10 Lurker

I'm having the same issue. Just started today. Also have friends that are having trouble getting booted. I'm thinking it's a yahoo issues. I sent them a problem report a few minutes ago.

4. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

It is Yahoo issues. I am having the problem too as well as everyone else.

I am having the issue in my Yahoo Mail app though. I hardly use Messenger anymore but still have it...I read through the reviews on the App Market and lots of other people are having the issue. Although, I still cleared cache just to see.

I'll get about 300+ of the same message that I already opened...not even joking.

5. undead_to

undead_to Lurker

same here, i also get this kind of issue. and i stress out cause i though my phone is broken but after read this now i know that im not the only one having this issue