• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo PIM data on Android....someone must be able to answer

serpentine009

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
I plan on purchasing an Android device real soon, but I use Yahoo for everything. I currently am on the Blackberry Curve and I am able to sync my entire PIM with Yahoo and I get instant delivery of email, and sent items from the device appear in the sent items on Yahoo.com.

I want that same or similar experience. Currently I connect the phone to DesktopManager from RIM and hit the sync button and it does its magic. Is there something out there that does the same thing? Wireless or Wired? Do I need to use Outlook as a PIM manager?

Also how are folks setting up Yahoo IMAP or Yahoo mail in general. Is there any folder syncing that takes place?

I know that I will find out all too soon how the device will work with Yahoo, but if the experience is terrible, its a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for your help.

Coming from the same place, I sync my Yahoo mail, contacts and Calendar via the Blackberry software, I just assumed this would be basic stuff, part of all smartphone software.

Is this not going to be easy? need multiple applications, etc?

I generally maintain all my information on my Blackberry and just sync it to my Yahoo on the PC about once a month to keep them in sync. Don't need anything realtime, but do want something that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones