1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo Weather uses lots of data

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dlin95123, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dlin95123

dlin95123 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed Yahoo Weather app used lots of data? I have turned off all the updates on Yahoo Weather and yet still noticed that it uses lots of data. I understand apps would use data for their own purposes. But Yahoo Weather seems to use 20X times more data when it is set NOT to update.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I'd advice to to use something else, like Weatherbug or Accuweather. This is actually the first time I learned Yahoo! Has a weather app.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yahoo weather is a fail anyway....it doesn't do Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia....I knew it was a bit ominous when it asked for my City, State, and Zip Code. :rolleyes: ...we don't have states here, we have provinces...and we call those six figure numbers postcodes.

Another vote here for AccuWeather.

4. rich2626

rich2626 Well-Known Member

I rather like yahoo weather,i like the look of it,also seems too come pre-installed with a lot of LG phones..

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Yahoo is reorganizing. They started with mail, and apparently the new TOS reserves the right to scan everything for marketing purposes. If you don't like whatever Yahoo is doing, check the permissions on the phone and disable it. There are plenty of decent weather apps around.