1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yay, Camera enhancement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mooshell, May 26, 2010.

1. mooshell

mooshell Newbie

Since the 2.1 update last week...

Okay, it's probably common knowledge but I just found out earlier today that I can actually send a photo now without resizing it for a SMS/MMS messages: the photos get converted automatically, sweet! :p

Also, photos are much, much better

Just a few things that make my Hero an awesome phone.

Eeek, wrong forum, dangit!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. A_Guy

A_Guy Newbie

Handcent already resized it automatically before 2.1, but it is certainly a nice feature to have stock :D

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Android Enthusiast

Elaborate please...

What size photo did you select to send and what size was received by the recipient? Some may like the AUTOmatic feature, but I wouldn't like that. Also, is it converted only when sending SMS/MMS or also via mail? Have you tried that? Just interested to see if you know more before I start playing around with this myself.

On a side note, I like the new camera menus, but the camera function seems now, to be more... laggy (sorry for lack of a better word). I have found turning OFF the Auto-focus had the best result relieving some of the lag between pressing orb for pic and the shutter actually taking it (sometimes 2-3 sec's or even longer).

Anyway, thanks for info!
    :)

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

DC 2.08 had an extremely laggy camera as well (very slow shutter speed). the Kool-Aid ROM has a much better shutter speed. Not sure how the official 2.1 does in regards to shutter speed and overall camera operation

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews