• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Yea, I'm stupid! Phone will not boot! Logo just sits there...

zandersig

Android Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2012
Atlanta, GA, USA
Yea, I'm stupid! Phone will not boot! When I turn it on the Logo just sits there it will not boot up anymore... what to do? I have it Rooted and had CWM installed, held down the volume down key and power button to boot into CWM and when my phone said are you sure you want to erase it and factory re-install it did not boot back into CWM, this is like the 4th time it has happened, I don't trust CWM anymore, I used to use Rom Manager and boot into recovery that way but it stopped working so I redownloaded it, re-installed the CWM recovery and then when I held down the volume down key and power button to boot into CWM it did not go into CWM and went straight to the little Android guy and a progress bar and after that I get nothing but a logo screen and it won't boot?

How can I fix this? I saw something on here about that but I can't find it anymore. I am also on a Mac so I have no access to a PC right now, I might be able to get on a laptop next week or so, is there anything I can do to fix this stupid phone as is? I have had nothing but trouble out of it ever since I bought it. Constant Ghost Rebooting, Constant re-installing everything. I am about ready to SMASH it!

TIA for any help guys!

Sounds like u now own a paper wait aka a brick I don't know which one but when I soft bricked my connect I could boot into cwm I made the mistake of clicking factory reset in the settings and it just went to the lg logo and stayed there I was also on stock ZVA then I booted into cwm and flashed black plague and it still stayed on lg logo just follow the unbricking guide let's it doesn't give you VV4 if so then you my friend can say good bye to root because vv4 is basically unrootable

Upvote 0
Sounds like u now own a paper wait aka a brick I don't know which one but when I soft bricked my connect I could boot into cwm I made the mistake of clicking factory reset in the settings and it just went to the lg logo and stayed there I was also on stock ZVA then I booted into cwm and flashed black plague and it still stayed on lg logo just follow the unbricking guide let's it doesn't give you VV4 if so then you my friend can say good bye to root because vv4 is basically unrootable

Where would vv4 come from? Isn't everything in this un-bricking guide safe, like all the downloads that were are supposed to get from the links provided?

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...-lg-ms840-connect-brick-guranteed-work-3.html

I can't even get back to CWM, I can only get to the factory reset and when I reset it and the little Android man comes up and runs his progress bar it then re-boots and the LG logo will just sit there forever until I take the battery out. That is the only way I can turn it off. I don't know what the H#ll happened to it.... :(

Upvote 0
Where would vv4 come from? Isn't everything in this un-bricking guide safe, like all the downloads that were are supposed to get from the links provided?

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...-lg-ms840-connect-brick-guranteed-work-3.html

I can't even get back to CWM, I can only get to the factory reset and when I reset it and the little Android man comes up and runs his progress bar it then re-boots and the LG logo will just sit there forever until I take the battery out. That is the only way I can turn it off. I don't know what the H#ll happened to it.... :(

Sounds like u lost root or something like that. Have u tryed the lg update tool? I personally dont know how to use it ( I think its on lg's website or a downloadable app for ur pc) but there r a few here that do, maybe try to restore ur phone back to stock with the update tool and try re-rooting ur phone and c if that helps. Also u probably won't have to worrie about vv3 or vv4 installing to ur phone unless ur phone came with it on ur phone when u bought it. Pretty sure I'm right about that (vv3-vv4) but if I'm wrong someone let me know please.

Reactions: zandersig
Upvote 0
Sounds like u lost root or something like that. Have u tryed the lg update tool? I personally dont know how to use it ( I think its on lg's website or a downloadable app for ur pc) but there r a few here that do, maybe try to restore ur phone back to stock with the update tool and try re-rooting ur phone and c if that helps. Also u probably won't have to worrie about vv3 or vv4 installing to ur phone unless ur phone came with it on ur phone when u bought it. Pretty sure I'm right about that (vv3-vv4) but if I'm wrong someone let me know please.

Thanks for the Advice! That worked great! My phone is back! I guess I was one of the lucky ones, The LG Update Tool gave me version: MS840ZVA! Looks like I can go ahead and Root it again and then install CWM and then my ROM! SWEET! :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones