• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yellow S10e in the U.S?

Nikko Wood

Lurker
Mar 6, 2019
Hey!

So I live in the U.S and I'm looking to possibly get the S10e, Lord willing. However, I really like the Canary Yellow and Prism Green versions but these aren't available in the U.S, if I'm not mistaken. So is there anyway to get these colored versions of the phone if you live in the United States? Could I just buy from the Samsung/uk page, and get the unlocked version? Or would they not work here in the U.S? I'm currently a Verizon customer, but my wife and I are looking to swap to T-Mobile, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can't use foreign imported phones with Verizon, with it been a CDMA network. UK and most of the world just doesnt use CDMA. T-Mobile possibly, but you'll need to check with them for compatibility I think. Apparently Samsung US doesn't provide warranty for imported grey market phones, so any problem you'd have to ship it back to where it came from, like UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikko Wood
Upvote 0
Hey!

So I live in the U.S, and I'm looking to possibly get the S10e Lord willing. However I really like the Canary Yellow and Prism Green versions, but these aren't available in the U.S if I'm not mistaken. So is there anyway to get these colored versions of the phone if you live in the United States? Could I just buy from the Samsung/uk page, and get the unlocked version? Or would they not work here in the U.S? I'm currently a Verizon customer, but my wife and I are looking to swap to T-Mobile, if that makes any difference. Thanks!
Samsung has no plans to bring Prism Green to the United States.

Upvote 0
Okay cool. I'm almost positive we're swapping to T-Mobile because Verizon is just too expensive for us to justify having anymore, considering the gap in coverage isn't like it used to be from Verizon and the competitors. So that checks the GSM box. I'm just concerned that even if it's technically compatible with T-Mobile, that there will be a loss in coverage compared to the U.S version, as I've read that UK phones apparently only work up to 3G out here in the states. Has anyone ever done something like this before that has experience to share? Regardless I think I'm getting the S10e, it's just the Green is striking, and I don't want any of the bland colors they gave us here in the States

Upvote 0
If I believe Wikipedia on what bands T-Mobile use in the US and GSMArena on the phone specs then of the bands used by T-Mobile a non-US model will cover bands 2, 4 and 12 but not band 71. Clove's webpage bears this out. I don't know enough about T-Mobile's deployment to say whether that will make a minor or a big difference to you.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
How well does the "buy and return" model work with imports? I would suggest checking with the seller rather than making assumptions based on how domestic sales work (I'm sure you'd have to pay international shipping, and wouldn't want to guess whether you could reclaim any import duties).

Also beware of Samsung's region lock. Clove know about this and ask you to agree to them doing the initial activation before shipping to you, but if you use another seller check that they are aware.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
UPDATE

So I did speak to Clove Tech as recommended by nitebot. They can import it and it will work on T-Mobile, however I've decided against going this route, just because there's a lot that goes into it, and it doesn't seem worth it. I will most likely just get the blue version from T-Mobile directly. Also I will definitely be using a clear case with it sonicbluemustang. I don't risk it with how expensive phones are this day in age!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones