• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Yellow Triangle & Droid Symbol

Dreamsongs

Feb 7, 2010
Greetings!

I did perform searches before posting. I found one post that seemed to help...

I have the original droid, 2.2.1, frg83D.

Rooted with Soup or Root One Step.

Running set CPU.

Installed Rom Manager. Flashed Clockwork Mod Recovery. Performed Nandroid and MyBackUpPro.

Out of curiosity, tried to boot into recovery & got the Triangle & Droid Symbol. Had to pull battery.

Performed search, found a post that suggested flashing Sprecovery, and then again flash ClockworkMod Recovery and that should get CM to "stick".

It seemed to. Downloaded Chevy rom& Kernal Via Rom Manager. Booted into recovery and Yellow Triangle.

I must be doing something wrong. I've read hours of posts here. Could the One Step Root have screwed things up?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Dave

Hey, this is the same thing thats happenign to me currently. I was using UD 2.5 for quite a while so i figured i'd try UD 3.0. When i tried to install from sd card, it gives me the triangle and shit. I've RSD Lite'd my phone, tried the whole setup again and still got it. I'm confused.

EDIT: i went bak into rom manager, flashed SPrecovery then reflashed clockwork and it seems to have fixed my problems.

Upvote 0
I must be doing something wrong. I've read hours of posts here. Could the One Step Root have screwed things up?

Dave

no youre not doing anything wrong,and the super one click app is not to blame. you are still using your stock rom,correct?

the prollem is that the stock rom replaces clockwork with its stock recovery every time the phone is rebooted. hence,while you are using the stock rom,youll need to flash clockwork again before booting into recovery.

once you install a rom,this will stop happening. if you want to continue using a stock rom,there are a couple of files you can delete and/or rename using root explorer. this WILL make clockwork "stick" ;)

Upvote 0
Will Clockwork still "stick" if the phone gets stuck in a bootloop while trying a new rom?
it should.

the new rom does not overwrite the recovery,it simply does not have the same files that put the stock recovery back,like the stock rom. if something happened,clockwork should still be there. :)

edit:
if youre interested,heres what i did to allow clockwork to stick to my stock rom:
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...very-unless-i-flash-clockwork-sprecovery.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones