1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Yep, another newbie screwed up his phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwise, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jwise

jwise Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok, so I'm new to all this rooting and flashing and ROM's and bla bla bla. The Samsung Galaxy Prevail! I got it rooted no problem, bought the Titanium Pro and backed everything I wanted to keep(all system files also), then like the idiot I am, I deleted the stock browser and the stock 2.2.2 messaging system and can't get them back. Hmmm...I have Opera Mini and Dolphin and Handcent...I dont need this stock browser or messaging app. WRONG!! Ok, so I can live without the browser but it also uninstalled some other apps along with it, and I find that I can still use Handcent w/sms text and it works fine, but no mms. They wont go through. I have gotten all the cool root apps and played around and found all kinds of cool stuff, but, like every other rookie out there, I just had to keep messing around with stuff and ended up doing a factory reset. My question is, is there a way to get this phone back to exactly how it was out of the box? No I don't want to try and return it, I want it restored to brand new so I can probably screw it up again lol. Is there any such way to do this? I'm not talking about factory new, I'm talking about Boost Mobile after factory new. Any info would be greatly appreciated, and I'm loving this forum. Have learned everything I know so far from the regular's on here! Great work and Info!!!

Advertisement

2. hate

hate Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    Hawaii
    download shabbymod. unzip and go to folder. you'll see a folder named rom inside that youll find more folders , go into the apps folder.now copy mms to your phone.

you'll need a file explorer, i use root explorer which u can download from 4shared.com. the reason i use this certain one is that it has a button that can mount your system as rewritable. go to sdcard look for mms app and longpress. copy and go to /system/apps/. click button at top labeled mount r/w. it will change to mount r/o. now paste. click the top butto again.....now reboot. u should be good.

if u can't get root explorer u can do this with terminal emulator. i can tell u how to do it if needed.

3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    And if you really want to return it to factory condition like the day you pulled it out of the package use odin

4. hate

hate Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    Hawaii
    oh duh i forgot about odin lol. thats way easier then what I suggested.