• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yes, I removed the contacts app

redtornado

Lurker
Jul 28, 2012
Yes, I feel stupid. My wife wanted me to remove the AT&T apps on her phone since she was moving it to Net10. I rooted the phone and downloaded a root manager and started going through the apps and she saw Contacts and said "Delete that one." So I did.

Now she cannot add or access her contacts list. Everytime she tries she gets the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone know how to fix this screw up??

Yes, I feel stupid. My wife wanted me to remove the AT&T apps on her phone since she was moving it to Net10. I rooted the phone and downloaded a root manager and started going through the apps and she saw Contacts and said "Delete that one." So I did.

Now she cannot add or access her contacts list. Everytime she tries she gets the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone know how to fix this screw up??

I felt stupid when I made the mistake. If you can send me your email I can email you the Contacts.apk and ATT_WSsyncmlDS.apk Unless you wanna just search online for them if that works better for you. All you have to do is copy both of the apk's into your /System /App directory. Don't install them, just copy and reboot your device.

Here's the thread that helped me fix my issue a few months ago: Att address book - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones