1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Yes, it works on T-Mobile US 3G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carolinaguy99, Apr 6, 2011.

1. carolinaguy99

carolinaguy99 Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    And yes, i'm using it on the 5.99 t-zones internet.... hehehe

Advertisement

2. rxallan

rxallan Newbie
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Canada, AB
    Where did you get the phone from?
    Was it the European version or the na version?

3. nardva

nardva Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    You have to get the European version. You can buy one on eBay or you can go through any online retail store that sales unlocked cell phones.

rxallan likes this.
  4. eatingless

eatingless Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Hi. I'm planning to purchase an Incredible S to replace my Nexus One. It was mentioned to buy the international version which is the only version I know. There's a link here (Buy HTC Incredible S Fully Unlocked at hi-mobile.net) that says "HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz (3G is NOT Compatible in US & CA)." Is this a typo? My nexus one has 1700MHz that I know is compatible with 3g. Can the Incredible S still be used on tmobile 3g in the USA since I hear it has AWS? I have the tzone plan btw. Thanks.

5. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    Yes, all incredible S phones are T-Mobile 3G compatible. I bought my incredible s from a seller on ebay. He specifically said that it doesn't work with any USA 3G carriers. A lot of these sellers are misinformed, and do not know that AWS is 1700/2100, which is T-Mobile's 3G. All incredible S phones support the AWS frequency. So don't be worried.

6. rxallan

rxallan Newbie
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Canada, AB
    "ALL" or only European versions?
    Bell in Canada sells the Incredible S as well.

7. thedosbox

thedosbox Guest
    None
    There are two models of the Incredible S - the S710a and the S710e. The S710a does not support AWS officially. It's doubtful it supports it unofficially either.

8. zimmy

zimmy Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta
    How did you get the SIM to unlock? I just got the DINC 2 (basically same as the S) and Verizon gave me the unlock code.

BUT I'm having a problem unlocking. Verizon tech told me to reboot the phone with the foreign SIM installed to get to the unlock screen. But when I put in the other SIM it just says "no service" and reverts to "CDMA Only" mode.

After the tech put me on hold to get further advice... NOW they are telling me that when I'm oversees it WILL work, and that a "SIM Unlock Screen" will only appear when I'm out of the country and outside of Verizon network. Then I am supposed to just put in the 8 digit code and it will supposedly work.

Sounds fishy to me... Does anyone know some way to force the "SIM unlock screen" to appear on these phones? Hate to risk waiting until I get off the plane...

9. Arsis311

Arsis311 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I bought a htc incredible s and I have t-mobile with unlimited data plan but i don't have 3g. On GSM mode i have E (Edge) and on WCDMA mode i have H (HSDPA) but sometimes i have 3g on WCDMA mode. how can I have 3g always?