• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yet another fixed VM Minutes Checker

Do you have "Charged On:" field empty and days graph(the black one) missing from the widget?

It's the same with some new code added to reflect the recent VM web page HTML code change after which the passed days graph disappeared from the widget and the app doesn't know the days left to the next month sevice. Also they changed the code for the monthly charge. And on top of that code changes depending on current account balance.
That means the app needs to account for I don't know how many different situations now. I tested 2 of them so far but they are maybe more...

Upvote 0
Check out the 'Minutes Checker Free' app by Monty Kamath in the Market. It has a widget and popups after calls and works with multiple accounts to check your Virgin Mobile USA Beyond talk minutes. I'd post a link but the forum won't let me. Just search for 'Minutes Checker Free' and pick the one by Monty Kamath with a white icon that has a red V in it.

Upvote 0
Jay Goel's app stopped working for me after I flashed an updated ROM. Wouldn't sign in to the VM site. And after months of complaints on his Play Store page and after months of ignored emails, I assume Mr. Goel has moved on from that app.

However, two new working Minutes Checker apps just launched in Play Store in the past week. Both are even better and more reliable than Mr. Goel's was. I prefer this first one, since it's smaller, has no ads and shows data usage in the widget:

Virgin Mobile Minutes by Marcin Grabowski

The other one by Monty Kamath (now shows data usage but not in widget):

Minutes Checker Free by Monty Kamath

Both are good and have active development.

Reactions: jj2me
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones