• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Yet another "How-to" build, MTDEV style

With the latest sync and buil, I get the following error

hardware/qcom/libcamera2/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp:7353: error: expected '}' at end of input
make: *** [out/target/product/triumph/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcamera2_intermediates/QualcommCameraHardware.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I know with all the current camera work, maybe something didn't upload properly from the last change?

It looks like I forgot to commit the device_triumph.mk, sorry about that. libcamera2 actually isn't used at this point, so just take it out of device/motorola/triumph/device_triumph.mk.

Reactions: lispnik
Upvote 0
Thanks,

I remove the line as instructed, and I now can successfully build.

I've been having an 'odd' thing happening with my MMS where it will sometimes takes my local number, and sometimes it uses my google voice number. I haven't found a good rhyme or reason yet. So I was wondering how could I look at the MMS app?. I saw that is already set as an application. Is it just the same application we just take from the cynamod already compiled?

Upvote 0

hardware/qcom/libcamera2/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp:7353: error: expected '}' at end of input
make: *** [out/target/product/triumph/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcamera2_intermediates/QualcommCameraHardware.o] Error 1

I know with all the current camera work, maybe something didn't upload properly from the last change?

I think I saw something about that. I think it was in the CM9 WIP thread. I'm going to try to work on the code tomorrow. I just finnished a project that was taking up my computer's space in the room. I hope to have a tester release soon after.

Upvote 0
It looks like I forgot to commit the device_triumph.mk, sorry about that. libcamera2 actually isn't used at this point, so just take it out of device/motorola/triumph/device_triumph.mk.

It's amazing what you can learn if you take the time to read!
I'm not sure if the way I did it was correct, but what I did was removed the libcamera2 from the camera package files list.
As far as not breaking the group's ics branch I made another branch so if you have any more commits to push it won't stop you.

Reactions: lispnik
Upvote 0
Thanks for the update to the CM9 for MT build guide. With the addition of the libcamera2 exclude from device_triumph.mk, I was able to build the whole thing. It seems to work fine to build it on an Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64 -- I only had to "apt-get install schedtool pngcrush" which the build system complained about.

It's actually the first time I built android from source :)

Regarding the camera, is the libcamera2 stuff why it doesn't work? At first I tried hacking on that missing FPSRange type in libcamera2/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (breaking it out of camerhal's version) but then I saw adamto's comment about the .mk and abandoned it. Does camerhal supersede libcamera2?

Upvote 0
Regarding the camera, is the libcamera2 stuff why it doesn't work? At first I tried hacking on that missing FPSRange type in libcamera2/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (breaking it out of camerhal's version) but then I saw adamto's comment about the .mk and abandoned it. Does camerhal supersede libcamera2?

Please see the camera thread for full details but the short answer is that we are using the binary libcamera.so from cm7. At some point we should probably either at least fix the build or remove completely if we continue to use the binary.

Upvote 0

I found that before and I can't remember what it was. Basically something didn't get closed in QualcommCameraHardware.cpp. If I do remember we avoided the libcamera2.so and used another one. If grep for libcamera2 you will find it in a building file and you can remove it and I think you might get an error from the kernel build that I fixed locally and didn't upload.

Let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones