1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

(yet another) new Droid owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jer.lawrence, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jer.lawrence

jer.lawrence Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    .NET Developer
    RVA
    Yes, one more. I picked up the Motorola Droid on November 6th from the Verizon Store near my house (RVA). I went by around 7:15 (they opened at 7:00) and there were only a couple of people ahead of me. I was out of there by 8 and happy as could be. Had to go to work though. :(

Really got some time to play around with the phone this weekend and I'm digging it. I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve, so I've never had an Android device before. I'm a .NET developer by trade, so I'd be interested in checking out some of the development tools as well.

Anyway, hi.

Advertisement

2. angusn

angusn Active Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Software Developer
    New England, USA
    Hey Jer! Welcome!
    I too got into Android this past Friday. I was in Vegas for a conference, and took a cab over the VZW and stood in line with 6 other people.
    I'm a Java developer, and had already built my first simple app a week before getting the Droid. If you know Java, and can follow easy instructions, it's a piece of cake. Your biggest learning curve will probably be Eclipse instead of Visual Studio. They both do about the same job, but they do it differently. If you're a C# .net guy, you'll cringe a few times going back to Java, but it isn't all that bad.

3. jer.lawrence

jer.lawrence Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    .NET Developer
    RVA
    Sounds like fun. I Learned on java, but I haven't used it in a few years now. It will be interesting to give it a try, though.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to the Forums! :D

5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member