• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help yet another (old) noobie!

davyburns

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
Hi, I just got my first android Device, an Acer A500 running v3, Honeycomb, and its got me round the twist! I'm no techie, but I've learned windows so I thought, why not android? ( He said tearing whats left of his hair out)
It seems I have made a corrupt or incomplete account in Talk, and I cant find a way to delete it. every Download says I have to open My Apps to establish a connection with the Android apps server, but when I do this, there is only google maps there. Can anyone hold my hand on this one before I get a large glazing bill.

Hi There Welcome to the forum. It will get easier. Go to settings,applications,manage applications,select all then brows down to the program in question.I don't think you can delete Talk as its locked to the system. But you should be able to force stop.I don't know allot yet so if this doesn't help someone else on this forum will be able to help more.. I will look into your problem some more and if I see more help I will post....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones