1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

(Yet another) Question about CSC's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jayroller, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jayroller

jayroller Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    Male
    South of Heaven
    Hiya,

Ok, it's not really a problem, just a question I can't work out the answer to myself, so hopefully someone can help me out please! I'll quote an earlier post of mine, as background info:

Now, in an OCD-style burst of, er, OCD-ness, I flashed the modem from my original firmware and all was fine - Kies recognised my phone ok, and I reckon I get the best reception on the original BUKI1. I've since tried a few more roms out, each time deciding for one reason or another to go back to stock (via a fresh nandroid each time), and so far it's all been fine.

In the last 24 hours, I've flashed PureICS Special Edition,then reverted back to stock, leaving the modem as LPS, then flashed D4 v9 today. Again, I've gone back to stock but this time, after flashing the original modem back Kies no longer plays nicely with my phone - it says "device does not support" etc, and then underneath it has "Current firmware version I9100BUKJ3/I9100VODKI2/I9100BUKJ3 (KOR)"

My question then (at last!) is - why does it now show KOR for my firmware version? Where is Kies getting it's info from? Like I say, it's not a problem but it's stumped me. Also, nowsicometothinkofit, I rooted with CF-root and Kies had no problems originally seeing, connecting and upgrading the phone - I thought it would refuse to comply if the phone was rooted?

tl;dr - why is my csc KOR in Kies? :thinking:

Apologies for length (as the bishop said the actress), I should probably lay off the single malt before posting. :eek: Ta for reading, any and all info gratefully received! :D

Advertisement

2. jayroller

None

Sep 24, 2010
    Male
    South of Heaven
    Wow, nearly 200 views, and not a single comment - I didn't think it was that obscure a question! (Although it makes me feel a bit better about not being able to figure it out myself ;) )

Short version of the above:

Why does it now show KOR for my firmware version? Where is Kies getting it's info from?
    Also, I rooted with CF-root and Kies had no problems originally seeing, connecting and upgrading the phone - I thought it would refuse to comply if the phone was rooted?

Anyone? :thinking:

3. jayroller

None

Sep 24, 2010
    Male
    South of Heaven
    I reckon I've sorted it out now - the csc info is held in the EFS folder (in the nv_data.bin file, and an mps_code file). For some reason, one of the rom's I'd installed had replaced the original EFS folder with its' own, but luckily I'd taken a backup of my EFS - a quick restore, and all is well again. :D