• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yet another reason to get the galaxy!

Wait a minute... my understanding of super AMOLED technology is that Samsung made both the active matrix pixels and the touch sensor as one layer instead of 2, and by removing that extra layer, Samsung made a superior AMOLED with more brightness and improved sun legibility (aka Super AMOLED).

You would think that Samsung implemented there own sensor , otherwise if they are using 3rd party sensor like Atmel maXTouch they will required to add it as an extra layer to their display, and this will render the Super AMOLED not so super.

Maybe i am wrong, or maybe Samsung worked with Atmel to produce this screen.

Upvote 0
Wait a minute... my understanding of super AMOLED technology is that Samsung made both the active matrix pixels and the touch sensor as one layer instead of 2, and by removing that extra layer, Samsung made a superior AMOLED with more brightness and improved sun legibility (aka Super AMOLED).

You would think that Samsung implemented there own sensor , otherwise if they are using 3rd party sensor like Atmel maXTouch they will required to add it as an extra layer to their display, and this will render the Super AMOLED not so super.

Maybe i am wrong, or maybe Samsung worked with Atmel to produce this screen.
I was under the impression the Atmel is the chip/logic, and the touch screen layer it interfaces with is provided by Samsung. No?

Upvote 0
I dont need anymore reasons to purchase this phone, I want it. I would like to know which US carrier its coming to and when. I hear T-Mobile but I also hear it will be available on all four major US carriers.

WHEN!!

we'll know when they get off their lazy tails and finally announce..and I'm sure it will be all over the android news sites including this one :)

But until then, its all rumor

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones