1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Yongzh emulators gone from market?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by crisiscorex, May 26, 2011.

1. crisiscorex

crisiscorex Newbie

I'm not a real whiz when is comes to all the android application infringements and all of that, but does anyone know why Yonghz emulators were removed from the android market? Was it because it gave links to Roms?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Abivelus

Abivelus Lurker

I have been wondering the same thing. Just went looking for it to email the developer about a problem with a rom (Breath of Fire II) and could not find it anywhere... :thinking:

3. crisiscorex

crisiscorex Newbie

now im a little worried n64oid was supposed to be posted back up on the market today but it isnt their im just wondering if he is going to ever release it, first he said by the end of april, then he said by the end of may (also said that most likely by the 26th or really close after) i hope he gives a status update soon

4. thewolf16

thewolf16 Lurker

I have talked to Yongzh yesterday and asked him about the release date from n64oid. At this time haven

abluejelly and crisiscorex like this.
  5. ssummer

ssummer Newbie

Does yongzh have a website/email address that he checks?

I would suggest he move all his apps to the Amazon app store for now until a better solution can be figured out.

6. crisiscorex

crisiscorex Newbie

dito but will we have to pay for it again?

never the less probablys some of these android market alternatives would also be nice like YAAM or something similar is it is out their

7. thewolf16

thewolf16 Lurker

I have new news. He is considering hosting his apps on SlideMe other 3rd-party-appstores. Also he will make them free for a limited time (for example a week) to avoid existing customers from having to pay again.

8. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

That's what I would suggest. I've got both NESoid and Gensoid on my Tab and love wasting my adulthood the same way I wasted my childhood.

crisiscorex likes this.
  9. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast

Damn it google. Leave him alone.

10. crisiscorex

crisiscorex Newbie

but isnt the slideME market really unupdated? or is that the developers choice not to update the app on the SlideME market (im not very good when it comes to third party markets either)?

11. abluejelly

abluejelly Lurker

Probably Dev's choice. My understanding of how app repositories work is that, unless the dev changes it or the site runners take it down, it stays in whatever form it was in.

Hope Yongzh gets things rolling on his own, I loved that GBA app.

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Come on people, paid apps are paid apps even if removed from the market, you can't upload them to file sharing sites and put links on here.

crisiscorex and EarlyMon like this.
  13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

^This.

Like it or not, copyright infringement is illegal - and DMCA is being taken seriously. They're even considering upping the ante to federal felonies. Serious stuff.

I've no idea, but think you'll likely find that the game emulator may be legal (if not violating reverse-engineering terms) it facilitates use of illegal roms in general. That - or thinking to that effect - is going to be at the heart of this issue.

There's already a link to more info above on this.

As for our site - AndroidForums.com will have no part in illegal activities, and the site rules you agreed to when you signed up specifically prohibit linking warez - and if you aren't the Market and your name isn't Google, Amazon, or the dev, then links you create here are exactly that - warez.

Please don't try to think you can be more clever than Google's lawyers on this at our site - repeated attempts will lead to permanent bans.

crisiscorex likes this.