• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

yotube app or website wont load on galaxy indulge

mt1126

Dec 22, 2011
Just last night(which was about 12 hours ago) youtube was working fine and then today iwhen I woke up I looked at the youtube widget and a message says "there was a problem with the network." I just ignored it but now I keep getting the same message when I try to use youtube. I updated the app and tried clearing the data but still nothing. I can't even load youtube on any web browser nor use a third party app like youtube downloader. Any help would be appreciated. Also the most recent app I installed was wifi tether with infrastructure mode, which was this morning.

Okay I may now know why. Naybe because I'm on thr $50 plan, which allows 1gb of multimedia streaming. I guess tha includes youtube. I switched over to 3g connection and youtube loaded up fine though it was very slow. But youtube is definitly not working on 4g connection. Oddly enough, netflix works fine aswell and I know netflix uses way more data than youtube.

Upvote 0
Nah... I don't think that's it. Sounds more like YouTube being all weird and googley to me!:)
The $50 plan may say 1gb multmedia, but to my knowledge, they haven't been doing a good job of monitoring it. But to check, login to your mymetro account (at Unlimited Wireless Service - MetroPCS) and see what your data usage meter says.
More than likely it'll be at zero and youtube will resume working soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones