1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

yotube app or website wont load on galaxy indulge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mt1126, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mt1126

mt1126 Newbie

Just last night(which was about 12 hours ago) youtube was working fine and then today iwhen I woke up I looked at the youtube widget and a message says "there was a problem with the network." I just ignored it but now I keep getting the same message when I try to use youtube. I updated the app and tried clearing the data but still nothing. I can't even load youtube on any web browser nor use a third party app like youtube downloader. Any help would be appreciated. Also the most recent app I installed was wifi tether with infrastructure mode, which was this morning.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. is your data signal on / do you have an app that cuts off data connection?

restart your phone and see if it fixes it.

3. mt1126

mt1126 Newbie

Okay I may now know why. Naybe because I'm on thr $50 plan, which allows 1gb of multimedia streaming. I guess tha includes youtube. I switched over to 3g connection and youtube loaded up fine though it was very slow. But youtube is definitly not working on 4g connection. Oddly enough, netflix works fine aswell and I know netflix uses way more data than youtube.

4. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Nah... I don't think that's it. Sounds more like YouTube being all weird and googley to me!:)
    The $50 plan may say 1gb multmedia, but to my knowledge, they haven't been doing a good job of monitoring it. But to check, login to your mymetro account (at Unlimited Wireless Service - MetroPCS) and see what your data usage meter says.
    More than likely it'll be at zero and youtube will resume working soon.

5. mt1126

mt1126 Newbie

Alright I just checked my data usage on mymetro and its displayed by a meter and percentage and it says I used up 100% THOUGH it doesnt specify what type of data. Multimedia I'll assume. I guess this means metro is gonna start paying attention to their data caps.

6. tiede

tiede Android Expert

First I heard of it.
    Sorry, but looks like you're one of the first Guinea pigs for the data monitoring. :(

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews