1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

You can still get grandfathered in for unlimited data

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by HanSolo, Jul 29, 2011.

1. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None

Advertisement

johnlgalt likes this.
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Good to know. it's upgrade time, and I might just get a new phone temporarily until the real phone I want comes out - and then pass it over to anotehr line and upgrade to that phone on my line. My line already has an unlimited plan, but the add-on line to out family plan does not - and I want it on that one now too.

3. TRSN

TRSN Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    I do not believe this to be true. I couldn't add the unlimited hotspot to my plan since i don't have unlimited data on the phone.

anyone else try this?

4. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    Knowing Verizon, I would imagine that there is some sort of "check" or "audit" that can be performed with Verizon's system that will catch accounts that did what was explained in the article above. The customer would then be reverted back to the cap (2GB or whatever level they chose) and couldn't do anything about it, since they signed a contract indicating that they were on tiered data.

The only reason that I say this is because I had Verizon before, had unlimited texting, swtiched back to a limited plan and for whatever reason, it didn't fully revert back to the limited plan (the price did, but the messages over 500 didn't get charged). 4 months later, I then got a bill for every message over 500 in a billing cycle. I paid the bill, after arguing with 5-6 reps on the customer service line, telling them that they had plenty of time to bill me for those old messages. I got tired of arguing with them, so I paid the $240 bucks they thought I owed them.

I would imagine they can do this with data as well.