• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You can turn off HTC Sense!

Other then those concerns i don't see why anyone would want to "turn it off" could someone please share?

Some people just prefer a stock Android experience. And when they say they want to "turn off sense ui" I think they mean more than just switch the launcher. Although that's the direction this thread has taken, since people have found that you can't change anything BUT the launcher.

Upvote 0
Some people just prefer a stock Android experience. And when they say they want to "turn off sense ui" I think they mean more than just switch the launcher. Although that's the direction this thread has taken, since people have found that you can't change anything BUT the launcher.

O I see well if that truly is the issue then no you can't "turn off" sense in any android phone it is embedded into the OS. That's like saying you have a Touch Pro 2 and you want to turn off windows mobile. Even if you use another launcher there will still be some parts of the phone that are sense related. In that case

1. I really don't see that much of a difference between stock android and sense android (having used a moment, a droid, a hero, and used some custom roms.)

2. If having it on your phone bothers you so much either don't get a phone with HTC in the title (as the N1, G1 were made by HTC but branded by Google) or wait till the phone gets rooted and use a custom rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones