1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

You can't fix stupid!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 800487, Dec 16, 2013.

1. 800487

800487 Lurker

I hate to make my first post to this website a request for help but i got myself into a pickle. During a moment of less then average intelligence i deleted the contents of the throttle folder in data/system/throttle. There were three files contained in that folder and after removing them my 4G and 3G speeds are running at the throttled speed of about .29 MBPs. If anyone has a copy of those three files from ICS 4.0.4 you would be my savior! Thank you in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I make it a point of never try9ing to fix 2 things - stupidity and pig-headedness. This was neither, it was a mistake. (Like I've never made one - in the last 3 seconds, because I made a typo in this sentence.)

Forgive yourself.

Sorry, but I don't have ICS or an HTC, so I can't offer you more than sympathy.

3. I just checked my device and I only have two files in there and one of them is a temp.

Don't think that is what you are asking for lol.

4. 800487

800487 Lurker

Honestly at this point i will take those two files if you are okay with that. I believe one of them was a temp. I tried finding a nandroid backup to pull them from but didn't have any good luck with that! ):

5. I will upload them and give you the link. Check your Messages soon. Should only take me a few minutes.

800487 likes this.
  6. Done. I'm with boost mobile if that is of any concern. Good luck.

7. 800487

800487 Lurker

Unfortunately no luck using the files you supplied or some throttle files out of a nandroid i finally found floating around. I guess it is time to reflash. ):

8. 800487

800487 Lurker

Good news actually, factory reset brought back the original throttle files and i am back and running just some restoring form Titanium backup to go! Thank you anyway though!

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews