• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You got it - use it!

toptobottom

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
Glen Spey, NY
Your new phone is amazing so use it to it's MAX once in a while. The UHD 4k resolution capability of the S8/S8+ AMOLED display is absolutely stunning.

Go into to your SETTINGS>DISPLAY>Screen Resolution and slide the Blue dot over to WQHD+ (2960X1440)

THEN open YouTube App to watch this nature video - talk about 3D-like effect. Also you can search for more of these kinds of videos by typing 4K Nature Video in the YouTube search bar. Show off your phones display to others - I bet they run to the nearest Samsung retailer for an upgrade. I also can't wait to search for Gear 360 videos people have taken during adventures and uploaded to Google maps. Now when the heck is Samsung going to ship my VR headgear?

Enjoy!

Reactions: Mittar

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones