• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help You have Gingerbread. Now what?

I can't get any of them to install correctly.

One thing I though about..

Are you saving the file to your phone first? My phone and my wifes phone download it as .bin, that's ok. Use a file manager program (we us IO file manager) and the file should be in your downloads folder. Click on the .bin file then it should ask you "How would you like to complete this action"? Scroll to the bottom and select VZ package installer (i think that's what it's called). Then it should install.

Upvote 0
Alternate install method
I was also having this problem trying to install from the stock browser, getting the message"there is nothing that this file can be opened with .do you still want to download it?
So, I downloaded them to sd card to show as .apk, then installed(shows as .apk in es), i use miren to download them which sends to the sd card(under miren browser> download, then I use es file explorer to open them which brings up the package installer screen and just hitting install lets you install it.
Want to delete a skin? In the skin picker menu, select a skin like you want to apply it, hit menu, then delete.

Upvote 0
Since upgrading to GB today, my DINC2 now emits a sound effect after swiping to unlock the screen. Screen Lock Sounds is unchecked in the Sound Setting screen.

Is this happening for anybody else? Any ideas on how to disable the sound?

I need to double-check, but it seems to only happen when I'm on the central homescreen with clock/weather widget.

Upvote 0
I believe it's from the HTC weather widget. Go into its settings and make sure sounds are disabled.

Where? I've dragged widget to settings and there is no control for sounds. I've opened the widget in the app and there does not appear to be any setting for sound.

Do you know specifically where to find this setting?

The same widget did not make a sound under Froyo, only now since upgrading to GB.

Upvote 0
Where? I've dragged widget to settings and there is no control for sounds. I've opened the widget in the app and there does not appear to be any setting for sound.

The same widget did not make a sound under Froyo, only now since upgrading to GB.

Tap on the weather widget --> press the menu capacitive button --> sound effects.

You'll hear the same sound inside the weather widget when you swipe between different locations -as long as they have the sun icon. There is a different sound for the moon.

Reactions: Midnight Blue
Upvote 0

I just did it. Tap the clock/weather widget, but ONLY where the weather is. After the weather app opens up full screen, press the menu button (next to the capacative Home button), select Settings, and it will be the last option on the list. I tested it after and no more woosh sound when unlocking the screen.

Reactions: Midnight Blue
Upvote 0

Try downloading them so that they are saved to the sd card, the only way I know to do this is with an alternate web browser like miren, then the.apk will be in your file manager under miren_browser>downloads then open it as an .apk and install, have a look again in your skin picker and see if they are there now.
Only thing I can think right of now, if they are not showing in the skin picker where they should.

Reactions: KrippyKreme
Upvote 0
Tap on the weather widget --> press the menu capacitive button --> sound effects.

You'll hear the same sound inside the weather widget when you swipe between different locations -as long as they have the sun icon. There is a different sound for the moon.

Been lurking but had to register just to THANK YOU. Damn, was bugging the hell out of me. Easy fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones