1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

You kidding me with the data transfer speed??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Dec 30, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Can someone explain it to me?

I plugged usb into my computer and found my device, dragged a folder with about 5,000 pics and some vids

It was going so slow i just had to cancel it and thought id ask here if there is a better way.

Maybe i should transfer first to my sdcard, then plug it into my prime?

this is crazy. It will take me 4 days of transfer to get all my songs, movies, and pics.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ryguy5254

ryguy5254 Member

Have you ever tried moving a folder with 5000 different files from one hard drive to another?

I don't know all the details, but that sounds about right.

Moving a single 2GB video file will be alot faster than moving 5000+ files of 2GBs worth of pictures.

Try zipping the files into batches, or use the cloud service.

3. golfernut78

golfernut78 Well-Known Member

i transfered some music (about 5 gb) with a microSD card. from the laptop to the card (using sd card adapter and a usb sd card reader) the files took about 33 minutes to transfer. from the microSD card to the tablet, it took about 30 minutes. it's slower than when i use a usb flash drive, but since laptop to card and card to tablet were roughly the same, i'm chalking it up to being the card.

haven't tried direct connecting the tablet to a pc to transfer.

4. theandies

theandies Android Enthusiast

I've used the USB cable to transfer some music and movies. Not much different than transfersing from my internal HDD to my USB HDD. My USB drove is USB 3.0 but I don't have it on my laptop. USB 3.0 is suppose to be 2x faster than 2.0 but I've never been able to prove that yet.

5. rz22g

rz22g Well-Known Member

I have to agree that USB Transfer is painfully slow. I just transferred the same music files from my computer, wirelessly to another device, in less time. Yes its that slow.

6. Ice

Ice Newbie

we are so spoilt, up until now, tablets havent even had the option ! What about just keeping your music on the memory card and keeping it in the expansion slot or copying it over your home wireless network ?

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews