1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

You know what makes me MAD about the VZW unlimited Data Plan...

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by ymDroid, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

...it's that employee's of VZW who had an unlimited data plans, get to keep it. And they can upgrade to a subsized phone and keep thier plan.

It still remains an option in th esystem that VZW emplloyees get.

So when customer service tells you it's not even an option, they have no way to select it, they are lying to you and they know it. :mad:

Has anyone actually cancelled thier service with VZW over the unlimited data plan, and Verizon made an attempt to keep you leaving it on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Not really sure I understand your frustration. All companies have benefits like these that they don't offer to customers. Pretty much every job I have had in my life has offered some type of discount or an added bonus so to speak that we did not offer to our customers.

Example : when I worked in the restaurant industry during my college days I got an employee discount for eating there either before a shift or on my days off if I wanted to come in & eat. This was not offered to our customer b/c again, they are not employees. Surely places you have worked at throughout your life have offered some type of benefit to you that they don't offer to the public.

Verizon is telling you it's not in their system b/c it's not...well not for it's customers anyway.

Ezduzit08 likes this.
  3. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

I have an unlimited plan.

The fact is that unlimited data still exist, and is an option that is still being used within VZW.

So when they give you the whole "it doesn't exist" , or "no one gets it", or "you don't really need an unlimited plan based on your usage", it's nice to ask them directly if they personally gave up their unlimited plan for the sake of company.

But again thanks for the responses.

4. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Member

Only the ones who had it at the time get to keep it, the one's that are switching to a smart phone or activating a new smart phone half to go to the tiered data plan.

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I still have my unlimited plan because as long as you do not upgrade your usage you can keep unlimited, i even kept unlimited through my phone upgrade.

I have downgraded my account a few times, which doesn't effect the unlimited plan.

Personally i don't even use near 2 GB a month, so it doesn't really bother me if i have unlimited or not :S

Also, treb is right, every company has benefits for their employers it's just giving the employees incentive to stay with the company :)

6. treb1797

The reason they say that it doesn't exist is b/c it is now considered to them an employee benefit, so therefore there is no reason for the public to know. There is no reason for them to give you keys to a car that you can never drive so to speak.

7. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

I get so mad when i ask the grocery store i shop at to pay for my health insurance, and they are all "no". I know the store pays for insurance, because they pay for there employees insurance. So why not mine?

Seriously, its not in any way unreasonable for a company to extend these kinds of benefits to their employees and not normal customers. Every commercial employer I've had has these kinds of benefits.

8. BrianJB

BrianJB Android Enthusiast

It does suck, but it is what is...what can ya do? Verizon has the best coverage, so its their rules. You can always go to sprint and have awful coverage but upgrade and keep your plan.

But I have a feeling that verizon will drop unlimited data altogether sooner than later, so enjoy it while you have it.

treb1797 likes this.
  9. treb1797

Yes...it will happen I'm afraid, but hopefully wayyyyy later than sooner.

10. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

If it happens (which I highly doubt), it won't happen till the (almost) everyone with unlimited is off contract. So it won't be till the summer of 2014 at the earliest (and again, i highly doubt it will happen at all).

11. Perch_44

Perch_44 Newbie

We are in the process of switching over all of our phones at work from sprint to Verizon, and surprisingly, when speaking with our business account rep last week, we have the option for unlimited data on all accounts for $20 per month per line. He explained that this is due to us being in the medical industry.

But it is much cheaper for us to use the shared plans and why we are switching to them.

So....it is still available to some...

treb1797 likes this.
  12. treb1797

Now this just throws a monkey wrench into the matter. Just curious how many employees there are at your company as maybe this is something they are offering to bigger companies in order to get their business. There has to be an angle for them or they wouldn't be offering it obviously.

13. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

That would be so awesome if it was true...

14. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert

Just curious, but who do you think has the best coverage? :smokingsomb:

15. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

In my area, vzw reaches in city and rural area's where sprint, at&t, t-mobile, straight talk and most others don't.

Hands down vzw does have the best coverage.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

16. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Here it's USCellular. I left them three years ago because they hadn't upgraded to 3G and they didn't have any decent phones. In those three years Verizon has made no effort to increase coverage to more than a few hundred feet off the highways.

17. la sal

la sal Android Expert

Being from Wisconsin I came very close to joining US Cellular. Fortunately, in Waukesha, I can get fast 4GLTE speeds with Verizon. I did speed tests at both stores and Verizon smoked them. 4G speed tests: 1.5mbps on US Cellular and over 10mbps on Verizon. The only issue I have is when I go to visit my family near Fremont. I drop down to 3G coverage and roam. Not sure if US Cellular would be any different though.