1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support You Need to Register Your SGS2 as a 4G Device w/ AT&T To Get HSPA+ Speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jw nyc, Jun 3, 2011.

1. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert
    None

May 13, 2010
    video editor
    Charlotte, NC
    well it was confirmed a looong time ago (elsewhere) that there is no special 4G sim card. whomever is telling people otherwise is lying to their face or doesn't know what they're talking about. i don't care if it's a guy in the store, a friend, or an AT$T rep on the phone.

if anyone had a chance of walking out with a supposed "4G" sim card, it would've been me. i was not a customer of AT$T's before getting this phone, so they had to give me a new sim. on top of that, telling the guy that i had an Infuse 4G would not cause him to give me a 3G sim yet give me a 4G data plan. that would make absolutely no sense :thinking:
    also, this particular guy knew a bit about technology because he was keeping up with me when i started talking "nerd" talk.

edit: i'm one of those "gotta see it to believe it" type of dudes. i have yet to see a photo of a sim card with "4G" written anywhere on it. that should tell you a lot...

Advertisement

2. jeffkoe

jeffkoe Lurker
    None

May 15, 2011
    That explains why AT&T KEPT testing me to register my Inspire I got from eBay. I couldnt understand why they didn't know my IMEI until I called them!

3. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Eastern NC
    Any one know of a 4G non-smartphone? I refuse to pay more money for less quantity. I'm currently on a $10/month unlimited data plan and plan to stay that way. I easily was going through 2.5-3GB a month with my old non-smartphone.