• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You tube crashing.

I v leaked all data and uninsulated and reinstalled twice. Then restated the phone and it seems to be ok.

Thanks mate :beer:
Yeah i uninstalled updates then updated and it works now.
Guys on G+ are saying "clear data" works but it didnt for me.
If you dont have the "uninstall updates" option, clear data and reboot :thumbup:

Upvote 0
So as soon as I open YouTube it crashes. This is happening on Sony Tablet S and Galaxy Note 3 so think it may be the app.

I had the exact same issue about 6 months ago, and ended up installing a previous version to the one that was crashing on me. The earlier version worked just fine, but no matter what I did (clearing cache, data, and deleting the com.google.android.youtube folder inside of Android\data) nothing worked to fix the version that kept crashing. Sometimes it would get so bad Id have to pull the battery to get my phone working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones