1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

You Tube on Nexus One not working right

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adamsavage, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Newbie

I just got my Nexus about a week ago and I've pretty much figured the phone out by now. However one Issue I have is with the You Tube application.

I will get a still image of the video and audio on You Tube at first. Then when I select watch in normal quality the application either stop responding or I get and error message saying the video can't be played. Suggestions ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

The YouTube application has been giving problems lately, not just with your phone model but pretty much almost every phone.

Until Google acknowledge that there is something wrong with the app, we just have to sit tight and wait until they fix the issue. In the meantime what you could do is - go into settings - applications - manage applications - scroll down to the app and clear data and cache. Also, uninstall any install updates if available.

After doing that then &#8230;

Bring up market and tap on my apps - and update YouTube.

Good luck.

3. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Newbie

I'm guessing the phone came with it already on. It's not showing up under my aps or under installed aps. I was told by the seller that it used to have Cyanogen installed on it but now it currently has the shipping (stock) ROM installed on it using AmonRA as the bootloader. He got the phone directly from Google when they first came out.

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

Congratulations on your purchase for starters, we don't get many new faces here :p
    My youtube app is still awesome as ever, never had any problems since the update a few months back.
    Could you check your app version? You should have 2.0.26 I think.

5. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Newbie

I have version 1.5.20. I have no idea how I would update it seeing as it's part of the firmware. There isn't even an option to get rid of it as it does not show up under the list of installed aps.

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

Well, I thought american users were able to update from the market, but we can't all be that lucky I guess. I can't be of much help, I'm at work so I can't go give you a step by step rundown of how to fix this, but this should get you started: http://db.tt/fUJ9Eef
    If all is well, that's the link to the apk (please don't distribute, it's from my drop box).
    You probably won't be able to update the apk just like that though. Even if you enable installation from unknown sources (that's also required tho). So you'll need to root in order to delete tje youtube if it's a system app.
    As I've heard, rooting with one click is still possible. Look into that, root, find yourself an app that can delete system apps (root explorer and titanium backup are 2).
    The rest should be obvious by now, delete your yt and install the ne one. It's a major improvement!

7. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Newbie

I ran titanium backup and it said it could not acquire root privileges to make sure my ROM was rooted and includes busybox. I just asked the guy who sold me the phone and he said it rooted. I also found the you tube application via Astro file explorer but the phone is refusing to let me delete the application.

Not sure if this will help at all but I got this info off Android Status application.

I have the Kernel Version listed at 2.6.29-gad36b7 android-build@apa26#1

Build Number ERD70

8. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Newbie

UPDATE: I found an ap that will bring up the command prompt on my phone. I type in "su" and I get permission denied. So with this and the fact 2 different aps have said they don't have root acess I can say the seller lied to me and the phone is NOT rooted.

How do you root your phone ? How safe or unsafe is it ?

For my firmware:

I have basebrand version: 32.36.00.28u_4.06.00.12_7

Kernel Version 2.6.29: gad36b87 android-build@apa26#1

Build Number: ERD79

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews