1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support you tube stopping and starting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heather78, Feb 11, 2011.

1. heather78

heather78 Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    uk
    I cant seem to use this without it stopping and starting and was just wondering if it is something im doing wrong or is the wildfire just not quite good enough for this ? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello Heather.

Most YouTube app users have the best luck with videos after making sure the settings are not at highest quality, which drains resources a bit and slows things down. A lower setting will actually give better quality in most cases, and is worth a try.

3. heather78

heather78 Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    uk
    Thanks for the reply Frisco and i know this sounds dumb but what setting are you talking about?

4. mattyjb

mattyjb Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Hi Heather78

When in youtube app press the phone menue key, this will allow you to check if your settings are set to always default to high res video, make sure this is off and you may find that it runs smother.

I have never experienced any problems watching videos using a wifi connection although when watching youtube videos via a 3g connection the video sometimes sticks.

I downloaded the app 'tube mate' which is bassically youtube with the benefits of being able to download videos onto your device or as an mp3 file.

When accessing a video through this app it will ask if you want to connect via youtube, tube mate or internet.

I found connecting via internet when not using wifi alows the video to buffer faster meaning no stopping during play.

Hope this helps Matt.

5. heather78

heather78 Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    uk
    Thanks Matt will give it a bash :)

Tags: