1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support you tube upload issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wnytrapper, Nov 19, 2009.

1. wnytrapper

wnytrapper Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey everyone, is anyone else having an issue uploading to you tube. Everytime I try it fails and I get and it says waiting to retry in 1 minute, then waiting to retry in 2 minutes, then 5 minutes. I got a excellent wi-fi connection. Any suggestions. Also what other ways are available to get recorded videos off the phone, I know they can't be emailed or texted, can I get a cable to go straight to the laptop.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi wnytrapper and Welcome to the forums! :D

1) Yes you can easily connect your handset to the PC using the USB and transfer videos , pictures etc on and off the phone

Don't forget to mount : Plug in the USB -> Drag down the white notification box -> Click Mount card

2) The reason you are probably having problems is the video File may be too large ??? {Someone experienced the same problem the other day & found it was the size}

You could always try uploading a small short video to see if it then uploads properly , but if I'm uploading I prefer via my PC :)

Hope this helps

Carl

3. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I've successfully uploaded and 11mb (30sec) file and a 33mb (1m30s) file to youtube. Both did say 'waiting for wifi' to begin the upload. Once on wifi away they went. Youtube's encoding process has gotten faster, within a minute of the completed upload they were live for viewing.

4. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    having the same issue today with a 3 minute (68mb) clip failing on upload. It won't even start, it shows 0% then 'waiting to retry' with a upload failed message in the task bar. I think there's some sort of size limit.

has anyone else had success uploading to youtube with files larger than 33mbs?

5. skunkd

skunkd Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    I've gotten 73 mb vids uploaded before I just keep trying till it goes through annoying

6. zirconx

zirconx Member

Aug 5, 2010
    This is ridiculous! I love my Android phone, but I don't think the iPhone has these kinds of buggy problems. This is not a unique edge case that Google wouldn't have though to test - we're just trying to upload a video! I have a great wifi signal, router is 10 feet from my phone, but my upload keeps stopping for some reason. I run into a lot of other annoying bugs on Android, too. I'm on 2.2, not some old release! Arg....