1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GeekClass, May 6, 2011.

1. GeekClass

GeekClass Well-Known Member

How many hours are you getting out of your battery and what are you doing? Today I got about six straight hours out of it. I streamed music for about an hour, played music off the internal storage for about an hour, browsed the web in chrome (it's chrome however you look at it :p ), downloaded and installed apps off the market, watched videos off youtube and elsewhere (flash) and I had about five widgets that pull data off the net. Oh and I also spent some time trying to get VLC Stream and Convert working (finally did, but it reminded me why I hate VLC so much).

This is with brightness set on full throughout the whole time, haptic/tactile/vibrate feedback turned off, and GPS turned on (. No clue what my Gmail settings are (can't find them anymore), but I have three accounts synced.

I can't say I'm disappointed with it, and I think it can last me a day with some careful settings, but other than that slashgear review that made the battery seem like a beast, it seems most reviews agree that the battery life is shorter than the iPad 2, Xoom, and Transformer.

This was also the first time I let the battery die, so hopefully it'll get a bit longer after calibration.

What are you getting out of it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alicia4065

alicia4065 Newbie

Mines so far has lasted over a little of 8hrs with screen set at half way, gps/wifi on. Streaming video from Amazon watch 3 movies, watching youtube videos for 1.5 hrs, surf the net going to various forums and one movie off usb flash drive. I don't mind the battery life since I just need it to get me through a work day when I have nothing else to do.

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Android Enthusiast

Pretty good battery life here... been on web for a few hours and not even at 50% yet

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Going on 6 hours straight use and still have about 20% left on the initial out of the box charge. This thing is a blast!