• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your benchmark results?

HTML:
Im just curious to see what everyone is getting for there results in quadrant standard.

RESULTS IN REVIEW
SC20120219-205756-550x259.png

MY RESULTS OVER 2 TESTS
430056_3341780064186_1259239818_3428775_794087670_n.jpg
418811_3341781944233_1259239818_3428776_117032785_n.jpg

Got similar results for mine... seems to perform a bit less than the Nexus, but I guess that's to be expected due to the larger screen, albeit not that much larger pixelwise right? I find this to be lagging and more jittery than the Skyrocket. Still great phone, but thought it would perform a bit better, being just a tad under the Skyrocket performance.

Upvote 0
This concerns me a little bit.

I just ran these benchmarks on my phone (ran task manager before hand to kill any processes) and received an average of ~3250 between 2 tests, when running a theme program (Go Launcher EX...not heavily themed, just the basics).

I thought I could get better scores by killing Go Launcher EX and running Task Manager again. Over the course of 3 benchmarks my scores dipped down to ~2100 (lower than the Galaxy Nexus by a little).

Also, whenever I check Task Manager there is always ~500/732mb (732mb of Ram seems low...if its 1gb of Ram...) of Ram being eaten up. If I clear out all of the running processes I can get it to ~400/732mb, but it quickly climbs back up from those OEM programs that like to run.

I figured Android probably eats a lot, but as I check the Galaxy S2 forums there was a post about RAM usage (here) and I see screenshots where people have ~830mb of maximum ram (more than the note?) and when people clear up the processes they dip down to about ~250mb of ram being used.

This makes me wonder if this is just the Note's behavior or if there is something else going on here (defective...perhaps...)...

Upvote 0
This concerns me a little bit.

I just ran these benchmarks on my phone (ran task manager before hand to kill any processes) and received an average of ~3250 between 2 tests, when running a theme program (Go Launcher EX...not heavily themed, just the basics).

I thought I could get better scores by killing Go Launcher EX and running Task Manager again. Over the course of 3 benchmarks my scores dipped down to ~2100 (lower than the Galaxy Nexus by a little).

Also, whenever I check Task Manager there is always ~500/732mb (732mb of Ram seems low...if its 1gb of Ram...) of Ram being eaten up. If I clear out all of the running processes I can get it to ~400/732mb, but it quickly climbs back up from those OEM programs that like to run.

I figured Android probably eats a lot, but as I check the Galaxy S2 forums there was a post about RAM usage (here) and I see screenshots where people have ~830mb of maximum ram (more than the note?) and when people clear up the processes they dip down to about ~250mb of ram being used.

This makes me wonder if this is just the Note's behavior or if there is something else going on here (defective...perhaps...)...

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's defective, but it does sound odd. I have the International version of the Note and I have 800MB of total ram.

Upvote 0
Very strange. I have no idea of how the phone "should" be operating since I have no frame of reference.

Scrolling from the app screens, screen to screen feels a little jittery (maybe a fraction of a second stutter from page to page). I expected it to be seamless and smooth (since it has the "fastest" processor at the moment...obviously not true compared to the Exonys version of the processors).

This, on top of ~400mb of ram being used at all times and now my Quadrant Benchmark scores running consistently lower (2300-2400 now every time I run it) concerns me...

I don't have LTE in my area yet and internet speed isn't a big deal to me (regular 4g being 3x faster than 3g is completely fine with me)...Maybe I should return this and look into picking up the International Version...?

Speaking of that: B2L; If I could ask a favor of you -- Could you go into task manager > Select RAM and hit "Clear Memory". Could you tell me how much RAM is being used right after you clear it? I'm curious to see if yours is also eating up ~400mb of RAM (I need some frame of reference, haha). If you don't mind, of course.

Upvote 0
Very interesting. This relieves some of my concern regarding the RAM (not so concerned about running out, but I just don't want to have 100-200mb of RAM mysteriously being eaten up).

However my very real concern is the benchmark showing lower numbers for the CPU.

Hopefully more people run this benchmark and post their numbers so I have some frame of reference, because at this time mine is performing below expectations in this regard (CPU speed it seems).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones