• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Your choice for best Droid X case...and why?

Well I purchased from htcpedia.com and looks like smartphonepedia is their new dedicated site for all smartphones. HTCPedia has pretty solid recognition in the HTC world, as I have HTC Incredible. I've got an email as a customer that they have just launched SmartphonePedia site and since they're heavily into HTC, Droid X was their first non HTC phone to offer accessories.

To make the short story short, htcpedia is great on service. They offer free shipping ,free returns, 45 days return.

Upvote 0
I'm digging the Argyle...any idea if it covers up the dedicated camera button? The high gloss silicone cases made by Verizon make the cam key harder to use IMO. Do give us your impressions when you install yours Jubba :D

I'm new around here, but these forums are great. Keep up the good work for continued support of our beloved DX!

Upvote 0
I picked up the verizon leather case..

The magnets are under the soft felt lining, so no issues with the magnets scratching the screen.

Some cases have cut outs in the corners of the case, but that sucks if you drop the case and you put a ding in the corner of your phone.

Plus the clip swivels.

I picked up the same one and am not planning on using a case around the phone as I use the desktop and car docks too much with my phone. The leather case (pouch as it is named on the box) feels well built and works for now. Overall I am pleased however I will be keeping my eye out for other ones from 3rd party vendors such as Seidio.

Upvote 0
Loving this white color.
88669-large.jpg

Amzer

Upvote 0
I picked up the verizon leather case..

The magnets are under the soft felt lining, so no issues with the magnets scratching the screen.

Some cases have cut outs in the corners of the case, but that sucks if you drop the case and you put a ding in the corner of your phone.

Plus the clip swivels.
I picked that one up too, but the silicon cover prevents it from sliding in and out very easily. Since I mostly carry mine in a dedicated pocket in my purse, decided the leather case wasn't as useful as the cover and returned it.

Saw a reddish-maroonish snap-on (I assume hard plastic) cover at Best Buy today while they were putting my Invisishield on, and almost bought that one. I figure any phone named Lucille needs a red dress!

Upvote 0
I've only seen it listed by VZW. Either visit your local store and get lucky, call and speak to a Sales rep about selling you one early, or wait until Thursday.

I ended up preordering an Amzer Luxe Argyle cover to get me by until I see some better offerings from 3rd party manufacturers.

88668-large.jpg

So is this like the silicon gel type covers that I really don't like? The one from VZ looked more like a hard rubber case, but I should have known better for $14.99.

Edit - nevermind, the video answered my question :)

Upvote 0
I went into the Verizon store and they had a hard two piece case that snapped together. It was like a dark grey or matte black. The lady let me open it up and put it on - I really liked it. But it was basically hard plastic. If you dropped it it would just be like dropping the phone I would think. I asked her the price and she was like.. well it's normally $38 but you can have it for $29. I was like lol, thanks but no thanks.

Upvote 0
i had a outterbox commuter case on my BB 9650 and it was AMAZING! i hope i can get one for the X soon....and i currently have a cheapo ebay hard case...but i have to say that it fits great and "snaps" on great...its matte black and feels good..not cheap and falling off...also got a great screen protector (anti-glare) from ebay (static kind)...

Upvote 0
I get 25% off accesories via VZW so I got the kickstand black leather case for $18.46 total. Not bad, ballpark fo most other cases I was looking at.

And the fact I don't have to carry around alittle business card holder/gogoholder thing is worth a bit more money to have it there. For such a high ticket item, I think it's a bit chinsy to go too much DIY on it.

Now what i won't get is the over priced Media Desktop charger, I will just kickstand up my phone and charge it like so.

Also debating the car mount, kinda spendy for simply holding it in place in a moving vehicle. I'm sure DIY for that is pretty freaking simple(suction cup, plastic, duct tape and a snug fit voila!)

Upvote 0
piercing heavens, did you buy your case from the amzer website? which do you like better between the two? Do you plan on returning the verizon case if you prefer the amzer one?

The black amzer case verizon offers is better made but they offer the same protection. One thing though is the camera button sucks on both of these cases so I got a knife and cut out a rectangle that covered the dedicated camera button. Now it works perfectly.

Both work and I chose the clear/white one for its looks and price.

Upvote 0
I get 25% off accesories via VZW so I got the kickstand black leather case for $18.46 total. Not bad, ballpark fo most other cases I was looking at.

And the fact I don't have to carry around alittle business card holder/gogoholder thing is worth a bit more money to have it there. For such a high ticket item, I think it's a bit chinsy to go too much DIY on it.

Now what i won't get is the over priced Media Desktop charger, I will just kickstand up my phone and charge it like so.

Also debating the car mount, kinda spendy for simply holding it in place in a moving vehicle. I'm sure DIY for that is pretty freaking simple(suction cup, plastic, duct tape and a snug fit voila!)

can't charge the phone with the kickstand up unfortunately. the charging port is facing down with the kickstand up :(

Upvote 0
I don't pocket my cell phones; prefering to clip them to my belt or pocket. I've used leather pouches for the last two phones I've owned. They work best for me. I purchased the Verizon leather pouch with the swiveling belt clip. The phone is otherwise naked. I like the quality of the pouch and the fact that I haven't increased the size of an already huge phone by adding a case.

Upvote 0
The black amzer case verizon offers is better made but they offer the same protection. One thing though is the camera button sucks on both of these cases so I got a knife and cut out a rectangle that covered the dedicated camera button. Now it works perfectly.

Both work and I chose the clear/white one for its looks and price.

Could you post a couple pictures of this?

I have the verizon high gloss case and i also noticed the camera button is hard to press...

Upvote 0
I'm curious Piercing, where did you purchase yours from that you received it so quickly? Amazon has been out of stock for weeks. I gave up on Fommy.com sending mine out after delay and delay, and I finally bit the bullet on a retailer from Hong Kong.

I ordered from fommy.com and they sent me an email saying they were not in stock so i ordered from amzer.com and they both arrived on friday. I have to return one now...

After actually playing with the phone for a while I noticed that all the plastic coverings on the buttons are horrible. The black high gloss silicone case is better.

Prefer the look of the clear/white so I cut out gaps for all the buttons and it works good.

Upvote 0
I have a Body Glove I got at the VZY store. It has a rubberized surface, a detachable belt clip, and appears as if it would absorb impact. With 20% off, the price is acceptable.

I got the same one and i really like it so far. I also like that it has the clip so i can clip it on my belt since i usually do that rather then pocket my phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones