1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Your choice for best Droid X case...and why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benjiedude, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Any other colors though? Not really digging that color man.

On another note, that rocketfish on page 2 looks kinda nice. Any owners here care to share a review?

Advertisement

2. ngsm13

ngsm13 Member
    None

http://tinyurl.com/38jq8z4

nG

3. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
  4. xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    i got the soft silicon case for the x....just until a otterbox or seidio comes out... (HURRY THE F%&K UP!! I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY) :D

anyways, does anyone know if it will fit the car dock with the peice pulled out?

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member
    None

you would think that a company like otterbox would get moving on making these cases, and while they are at it make one with the cutouts so it doubles as a car dock

6. Xman007

Xman007 Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010

Personally, I would LOVE to have a Kickstand case (as shown in the leather case with kickstand). Howver, I don't like the Very thick bulk it has, and somehow... I kinda find it ugly too. The kick stand idea is good, especially for a phone with 4+ inch screen (movies, etc). I don't know why it's so difficult for someone to design a THIN/STYLISH case with a light-weight Aluminum/Billet kickstand.

We know iphone has Millions of accessories, hope they make some for the X too. Maybe not, cuz Droid just keeps coming with a new phone every couple of months...

Given the choices, I'll take the CARBON FIBER one shown here. I like the looks of it - Sports Car inspired (seems that way!)

;)

7. kensdavid

kensdavid Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    If anyone is interested in the High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover in black, I have modified mine by a professional jeweler to cut out the areas around the camera and volume buttons. This makes the buttons much easier to press, but I no longer use this case. If someone would like this case with these modifications, I'd be willing to sell it for a reasonable offer...let me know!

EDIT: Sold!!

8. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
  9. ngsm13

ngsm13 Member
    None

Well of course.

nG

10. supersales5

supersales5 Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2010

I just bought the Platinum Series case at BB and yes it does say made by Seidio.

11. chkmate

chkmate Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Otterbox makes the best cases hands down. I've owned them for 3 different models of phones. They can be a little bulky. But if your really looking for protection, Otterbox rules. They also have the fold over plugs for your inputs. And on a few styles they offer the clear membrane for water resistance.

12. chkmate

chkmate Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    My brother has one that he got the night we got our phones. It's a hard rubber or silicone texture that is really sleek. It slips into a holster with clip, phone can face in or face out. Can't explain the pattern on it. Guess it would look kind of diamond platted only it's black. Sold at Verizon.

13. kensdavid

kensdavid Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    I definitely like the look of the Otterbox case concepts...bulk is not my thing though :thinking:- I'd definitely look to try one out before considering a purchase... I LOVE my naked Droid X right now. :D

14. meanstreak

meanstreak Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    I had the leather case with kickstand but ended up returning it. I had it for about 2 weeks and after taking it apart a few times the two plastic snap tabs at the bottom broke one at a time a day apart. Mind you I was very careful taking it apart... just a poor design. I ended up with the shell holster combo and I am pleased with though it doesn't have a kickstand, which I think they could have easily added. It is much easier to remove though removing the cover is still a nuisance. I aslo like having the phone on a holster better than in a pocket where keys or other objects can mar the surface. I do have a screen protector but I am referring to the unprotected surfaces around the keys and ear sensor.

15. Anemone

Anemone Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Arizona
    I ordered the Skinomi carbon fiber skin, it comes with the skin and a screen protector. Then i also ordered the argyle thing. I wanted to get an otterbox but they just seem too bulky for me and i wont be able to fit the phone in my pocket. So a skin and a cheap case should do :p

Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin

16. androiduser201

None

Sep 5, 2010
    I bought one of the Zooly Argyle TPU cases and love it . One thing I hate is none of the cases work with the car mount or docking station !!!! They need to make it so the case never has to come off !!!

17. mike145

mike145 Guest
    None
    Same here. But the tabs broke on mine when I put it on the phone the first time.

18. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Does anyone make a case like the neoprene one for the Nexus One for the Droid X by chance?

19. OneStepAhead

OneStepAhead Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    TPU-Cases Owner
    Madison, WI
    TPU-CASES.COM, - Free Shipping in the US! has 8 different colors of the Droid X Luxe Argyle cases, free shipping and shipped same day if ordered before 3:00pm.

Here are some pics of the Green Argyle Case installed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Hmmmm.... I wonder if that IS the case Verizon is offering? I bought mine at the Verizon store, don't remember what the name was on the packaging though. All I can say is that it looks 100% identical to the one pictured in this thread. What I like about this case is that it is very well made. It fits over the extended battery door without any problems at all, and the kick stand rocks. I was just watching Letterman on it last night, had my earphones in and had it sitting on my Axiom M80 tower speaker right next to me. Very handy feature if you're going to actually use it as a video/movie player. What I don't like is the extra girth it adds to the phone. I love the feel of the X without a case on it at all. It just feels really good in the palm of your hand. I wish I didn't have to put a case on it at all, but I know the day I drop it I'll kick myself over and over again for not having a case on it.

The leather does look real, and very classy IMO. I really wish SkullCandy would go ahead and release some cases for the DX already. I love their electric blue cases they have for the iPods and such.

21. maquina

maquina Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I ordered 2 cases off of ebay. 1 was a TPU clear argyle case for 2.79 shipped and the other was a "Platinum Series case at BB/Seido case" imitation in blue for 5.47 (w/tax since I'm in California, otherwise it's 4.98) shipped.

The shipping on the TPU case took a couple of weeks since it shipped from overseas but it was relatively quick I would say. The case is a good quality and looks just like all of the others shown here. It fits well also. The only small complaint I would have is the camera button is a little harder to press. Otherwise for the price it's a steal. It's always nice to have a different cover to change in to in case you get bored. At this price you can buy every color for the same price you would pay for one case at Verizon.

The Hard Plastic Blue case that looks like the Seido case is awesome as well. It fits perfect, there is no play within the case. All of the buttons are easily accessible and it makes your phone look great. The lines and thinness of your phone are still there. I highly recommend this case. The drawback that I did find is that the case looks to be white plastic painted over with whatever color you choose and at some points where the case snaps together you can see some of that white peeking through, though this in no means is a deal breaker. For the money I think this case is excellent. If you do plan on taking off and putting on the case though, it is a little difficult to remove. Is this a bad thing? I think not seeing as you would like your case to stay on instead of easily falling off.

I bought both of this "cheap" cases too see if they were actually worth it. To my surprise I am very pleased with both of these. If you're looking into getting a TPU case or a hard plastic case I would strongly recommend these. Like I said before. For the money you can't go wrong.

For anyone a little wary of the quality or what they'll look like, the quality is great and the look is exactly as shown in the listings on ebay.

I hope this helps.

Here are links to the items i purchased off of ebay.

Blue Hard Cover Case
    [​IMG]Blue Hard Cover Case For Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 220640173957 end time Sep-17-10 11:19:06 PDT)

Soft TPU Gel Cover Skin Case
    [​IMG]Soft TPU Gel Cover Skin Case For Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 180548905535 end time Sep-16-10 20:52:56 PDT)

22. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    I also want to add that i ordered and received TPU soft gel case from the same HK seller on ebay and its identical in quality and fit to the Luxmo brand case i got for twice that price. For $3 its a steal. I mainly got it because my original argyle grey clear TPU case has a disk for M2 mounting, so now i can have a spare without. The only drawback is you have to wait 2 weeks for shipping from HK.

23. Anemone

Anemone Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Arizona
    I just installed the Skinomi carbon fiber skin and it looks pretty good. The only problem is, the skin doesn't cover the corners very well so if you drop it, corners will get scratched. Other than that, it looks and feels fantastic. The carbon fiber skin does come with a wet application screen protector, and all items have a lifetime warranty.

Was my first time installing a wet application screen portector so i got some particles under it :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Computer Engineer
    Aurora, CO
    Ordered the Amzer and another silicon case as well as the Steinheil screen protectors from Amazon.

25. 2horses

2horses Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2010
    New Braunfels, TX
    I just checked out fortte's site - man, they have some nice stuff! Which leather did you buy? I'm looking at the lateral pouch, in either warm red or mahogany <sigh> - both are beautiful! I wonder if I can get 25% off that?

Nix that, lateral pouch doesn't come in red. Looks like it's mahogany for an extra $20 or stay with the default black...