• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

your desire ever overheat and shut off???

liquidmonkey

Jun 18, 2010
so i recently became addicted to ROBO-DEFENSE.... again and noticed that after i play a few levels, like 30, the desire backing and sides heat up and shortly thereafter it does a reboot.

i'm not complaining since robo-defense is a highly taxing graphics game and quite frankly i'm not surprised BUT, does anyone else have this happening?

and i know its robo-defense / overheating as i've played an entire level (100 sublevels) in colder temperatures and everything went smooth as silk.

Hi there.

As you yourself mention, the phone is obviously being stressed from the graphics requirement, and thus overheats eventually. Don't think there is much to discuss on that :p.

But, maybe a tip can help. Do you hold the phone in your palm while you game? Maybe you should try putting the phone on the table, lying on top of a pouch or something while playing. Maybe the heat from your hands are the "tipping weight" for the phone to overheat :D.

At least worth a shot I recon. Hope it helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones