1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Your Evo So Far

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Traviswf, Jul 16, 2010.

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I have iPhone 2G and 3GS.

I freaking love the Evo and Epic. Yes I have both, both of which are the best phones I have ever used.

Advertisement

2. billowred

billowred Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    I love it! I keep 2 extra batteries with me during the day so no problems here!

3. mbglosta

mbglosta Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    I am in heaven with this phone. After coming from the Palm Pre, and before that the Samsung Instinct, how could you not be happy. Only had it for 2 weeks. Only downside, like others, $10 premium. No where near 4G right now !! Maybe it's time to work back in Boston. Anyone that can vouch for 4g in Boston out there ?

4. Erusman

Erusman Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Evo Pros.
    Huge 4.3 screen.
    Android 2.2 (Thousands of apps and games)
    GPS awesome
    Internet,wifi, interface all rock on this phone.
    I just can't stop playing with it. Its that fun!

Evo Cons
    Battery life absolutely sucks with 4G on or BT. Lucky I get 4-5 hrs on a charge.
    Voice dialing via Bluetooth falls way short (no confirmations & fails 50% of the time even with noise cancellation BT's)

5. jsince80

jsince80 Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    I have had my phone for 4 days now and came from the palm pre and I love this phone. I can't put the phone down at all. I wasn't a big phone guy but this phone made me become one.

6. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Had my phone for nearly two months now and totally loving it. I'm an Evo addict.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Only 2 weeks in, but this is easily the best phone/pda that I've ever owned. So far, it has had a remarkably low frustration index (a scale from the original startac on the low end to any WM6.5 device on the high). It has exceeded all my expectations handily.

8. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    I'm just so incredibly happy with the Evo, its handy in so many situations. Can't see another device out or that's on the way that could stare me away from the Evo

9. dking910

dking910 Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    I LOVE IT! I've had it for close to a month & by far it's the best phone I've ever owned, also being new to android makes the experience even better because I'm falling in love with the OS, my only real issue is battery life, when I watch movies or listen to music it drains the battery significantly which sucks because these are 2 features (along with others) that the phone was made for. Other than that no problems, well no 4G coverage in Detroit Area which I was looking forward to but it seems Sprint doesn't feel we deserve it as to rumors that we won't get it anytime soon, despite still paying a $10 a month charge

10. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Have had the evo for roughly four months now . Yeah battery life in the begning was a pain but since getting used to the phone and knowing what to do in terms of settings and so forth as well as getting an extended battery Im totally in love with the EVO . No way in hell would I go back to a smaller phone . Texting , emailing , movies , games and playing music while at the gym . Yeah there are phones out there that does the same thing but the Evo is the Enterprise compared to the other phones out there . When I first got it , I was like DAMN this thing is huge (in comparison to other phones) but to be honest I like the size now . I have a coworker who is iPhone (3G) dumb and is constantly asking me how to run his . I pick up his and the first though that hits me is "What a cute little phone" *gags* LOL . Also the first time with Android and love it . Hell a few coworkers have gone and got Evos from me talking about mine . Boss even got his wife to get a Droid X (mostly the sister phone to the Evo but I still prefer the Evo)

11. mhashley

mhashley Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    business owners
    East Coast
    We love our phones! A matched pair! I have found that task killer and remembering to hit the off button before I lay it down helps my battery life. I did get a car charger so I could charge it over lunch if need be.

12. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    SC
  13. narflack

narflack Newbie
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Mus admit I reallly like the phone but as with most others the battery life is really aggravating! My work phone is the iphone and I unplug it and my EVO at the same time every morning. Iphone is at 98% EVO is just above 50%!! I have followed all the suggestions except rooting (which I am not going to do) to improve battery live to no avail. Very frustrating situation.

14. lifeisbutadream

None

Nov 3, 2010
    I live in Salem, NH about 1/2 miles from the MA border and I get 4g here in my apartment. Its fast enough that I was able to cancel comcast high speed internet and cable. I download torrents and stream netflix with no issues. I have not been to Boston with the evo yet but I see no reason why it wouldn't work there if it works here in NH. The sprint coverage map is pretty accurate.

K-Rizzle likes this.
  15. dad4dds

dad4dds Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Love it. Like one of the other postings my EVO is slowley relaceing my computer. A little wide but great other wise.

16. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    SAHM
    Florida
    I haven't had good experiences with voice dialing on either android phone that I had before Evo, I haven't even tried it on the evo yet because I went right to Vlingo. I installed it on my moment and fell in love with the app! I use the long hold on the search button to pull up Vlingo now instead of the stock voice dialer.

No way! I am in Salem NH as well, very close to the Methuen border lol! I haven't even tried 4G yet because it doesn't show up on the coverage map. I'm totally trying it right NOW!

ETA: It's a no-go here, do you think maybe someone in your apartment building has a 4G modem and maybe that's why you're able to pick it up?

17. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Just loving everything I can do on it. At work I'm never bored because Im able to do everything from social networking to streaming vids on my Evo. Even at my home I just shut down my computer, flick on WiFi and just go! It's replacing what made my desktop fun and just making it all business

18. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010

there are no 4G modems... or repeaters.. that are out for public use...

there are hotspots...like the overdrive... but it does not show up as a 4G signal.

19. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Have to say this is my best phone ever,i thought my hero was the best at the time but it served as my intro to the Android OS. The EVO is just a beast does pretty much everything.

20. sweetneas

sweetneas Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    EVO is the best phone I have ever owned! Love it!

21. LoveMyPhone

LoveMyPhone Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Retail Manager
    Hendersonville, NC
    I Love My Phone....oh yea, I already said that in my screen name, sorry :D
    I have never enjoyed a phone like i do my Evo. It is amazing, as far as I'm concerned!
    The only neagative thing i have to say about it, as others have stated, is that voice dialing really sucks! I guess I'll start looking for a different voice dialing app.
    I have some friends with the iPhone and my Evo blows it out of the water! They want an Evo now! :D

22. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    try vlingo..

23. kegacide

kegacide Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    i love it, ive had it now for about 2 months... battery is not an issue anymore after some tweaks, i go the full day with plenty of juice...

the phone is just exactly what i wanted... fyi i came from a blackberry

24. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I've had mine since launch day and i'm still finding cool new things to do with it as recently as last night! It really does most of the things my laptop does and that is just crazy!

I love customizing the homescreens and starting over every few weeks and re-doing everything. I came from an iPhone 3GS and it's nice having wallpaper (Apple derp), and it's nice to have no limits at all to what I can do. Evo in particular has the best dev team out there staying on top of it constantly.

As far as apps go, I though there would be less apps that I'd want compared to iOS, but holy jeez was I wrong. There are apps that can do anything you can think of, even moreso if you root. SetCPU is awesome. I can make sure it doesn't drain the battery when I don't want it to and I can make it fast as hell when I want.

Batterywise if you do lots of homework you can get it to last all day with plenty of room to spare, even with the stock battery. I got the Seidio 3500 extended battery just to put my phone on steroids. I love that it looks like a tank now, it's crazy.

There's really not a lot that's coming out anytime soon that could replace this. I'd be tempted by an Evo 2 when June comes around I'm sure, but it's nice that it has stayed on top for so long, and will for at least another few months.

25. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2010
    How many of you came from using an HTC Hero and if so what's your impressions of it over the Hero. Personally I can't stand my Hero, biggest piece of crap I've ever owned but I have an Evo coming so I'm interested in hearing from those who use to use the Hero.

Tags: