• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your experience with $30 5GB plan + VOIP app

Why would you purposely listen to the sideshow acts of Rush and Hannity? Aren't you worried about your mental health?

What else would I spent my unlimited GB on while I m driving? I said while I am driving.

I cant listen to music. That is somewhat boring.

Cant find any bad jokes that is streaming. Didnt want to pay XM Radio either.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if we get the lte s3 coming out will they let us get lte on the 30$ 4g plan or no. So they consider lte separate from their 4g.

From what I've seen, you should be able to get LTE on the $30 plan. Some of the Nexus 4 owners in Las Vegas have been able to get LTE on their phones (at least with the 4.2.1 radio software).

Upvote 0
FYI - as a member you can buy sim packs so you can hand sims to your friends so they can sign up without waiting for one in the mail. It is my understanding that if you sign up this way you still have to pay Solavei $9 for the sim when you enroll.

The sim policy just changed. If you get a sim from a member you no longer need to pay for it when you enroll. Yay!

Upvote 0
My dad used vonage years ago, he finally canceled them mainly for bad customer service.
I used to have Packet 8 they switched names to 8x8 they were not bad but last year my dad went with netalk and for $30 per year with all the features of the bigger companies I went with them.

I have not had a true "landline" since 2005. As one other guy mentioned I physically cut the hard line outside and this runs through the house wires so any phone in the house is connected.

Upvote 0
What Settings Do you guys use for Groove IP I can hear what the other person is saying clearly but when i speak there's a delay before they hear me. Anyone knows whats up ?

It's VOIP so any type of delay is unavoidable. The only thing you can really do is make sure you have a strong WIFI or 4g signal when you make the call. You can go into advance settings of GrooveIP and experiment with the echo settings but the delay is really unavoidable.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me troubleshoot my SIPdroid/PBXes setup?

I installed SIPdroid and set up a PBXes account from the app, linking it to my existing Google Voice number. I have Google Voice set to forward only to chat. There's a green dot in my phone's notification bar, suggesting that everything should be working. But when I call my Google Voice number from a different phone, my phone doesn't ring.

I seem to be able to make outgoing calls just fine, but ideally I would like to be able to get incoming calls too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones