1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your favorite feature?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AntimonyER, Jul 19, 2014.

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

So what is your favorite feature on your G3?

I think so far mine is the text pop-up, with the ability to reply while still in the original app. Love that feature!

2. meganoobie

meganoobie Well-Known Member

I love that too. Many big features, but a little one is how calls don't interrupt what you're doing. You can see who it is, but it doesn't blow you out. Very thoughtful.

3. dubie7006

dubie7006 Well-Known Member

What is one feature of the G3 that you were unaware of prior to purchasing, discovered while using it, and now love?

For me, it's gotta be the puzzle unlock for alarms. I'm one of those guys who just reaches over, hits the phone, and rolls back to sleep. With the puzzle, I've found that I'm having to actually wake myself up and I typically won't snooze as much.

4. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Member

Mine is knock, in general. I knew what it was and knew it was there, but I never thought about how easy and intuitive it really was. My wife uses her rear power button almost all the time. I put a knock code in from the first day and that's how I turn it on and off almost exclusively. It's just weird how something so simple seems to makes sense and you wonder why no one ever thought of it before.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Clip tray

6. Justafew

Justafew Newbie

Clip tray. Had been trying different alternatives from the store to have a clip tray repository on my prior phone, so it was a surprise to see it built in.

7. cuellarm

cuellarm Newbie

Knock code. So simple and useful!

8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Pop up texts.

9. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Back buttons. I know that isn't a surprise feature but what is a surprise is how much I love them. The buttons on the back are intuitive but NOT having buttons on the sides of the phone is so damn nice! I never accidently press any buttons when I don't mean to. I really don't know if I could ever go back to a more traditional layout.

10. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I just seen this phone today for the first time and it makes me want to leave my Nexus 5.

11. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

spreading the landscape keyboard in two

12. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Not really a feature and I've owned this phone for less than 18hrs but this is the only 5.5" phone I'm aware of that fits our '13 Sonata's built in phone holder. The Note2 could be squeezed in barely but wasn't very usable and could be ejected when braking hard.

Knock codes should be on every future android device! Back buttons and clip trayare also pretty useful.

13. slipmagt

slipmagt Android Enthusiast

I love that you can change the size of the keyboard. I love the text popup. Im super happy with the camera.

I like how the phone handles multiple windows. Last night I was on Facebook, with chrome open, just holding a tab. I was texting in the popup and then opened messaging in half the multiwindow, then went back into Facebook without a single hickup. Was pretty neat.

14. dubie7006

Ok looking thru this thread, I guess I still don't know everything the phone has to offer. What is the text popup?

15. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Have you seen the Android L preview... How it handles text messages as a small pop up at the top of the screen? LG basically baked that in to the messaging app. Pretty cool. I don't really need or want that feature personally but I can see many would. If their stock app allowed for saving canned messages I would totally use their app instead of Handcent.

16. dubie7006

Ok I haven't seen it because I'm using Hangouts for SMS/MMS. I can't really see myself moving away from Hangouts, either so I guess I won't be using it. ha

zipred likes this.
  17. zipred

zipred Android Expert

In retrospect I'm surprised I impulsively returned the first one.

Such a stupid move :)

The good news?

My AT&T store was happy to sell me another, once I came to my senses!

Best true surprise related to the phone... those wonderful, superbly designed buttons on the back of the phone. A truly fresh new design by some brilliant design engineer. :D

18. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

luv #'s over letters and the .com button---coming from RAZR MAXX !! Welcome me.

19. Maine Coon

Maine Coon Android Expert

IR Remote on the lock screen. Love it.

20. Android Pepe

Android Pepe Lurker

A few features that I love:

- the button on the back feel really natural, something I thought was a gimmick
    - the knock codes is definitely a plus, like it way better than the pattern lock
    - IR Blaster!

Now that's talk about the least useful feature...what about that LG Health...:thinking:

21. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member

Well I was aware of this feature but I love being able to hide the home buttons while in certain apps to be able to get the full screen effect. That and tapping on the screen to turn on or off is what I really find awesome.

22. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

The back buttons shortcuts.
    Hold up for notes and down for camera from lock. :smokingsomb:

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews