1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Your favourite Contact App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by VegaLA, Sep 29, 2011.

1. VegaLA

VegaLA Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Programmer Analyst
    Los Angeles
    Hi all.
    Time for a UI revamp on my Droid X and i'm looking for a cool Contact app to use.
    I have Launcher Pro and used the standard contact app for that but want to change it in favour of soemthing else. Yesterday I tried some App that had a Panda(?) for a logo and although the display was easy on the eye it would not display just my contacts starred as favourites so I got shot of it.

So please let me know what you are using, and if oyu are not shy of posting a pic of the display that would help me chose the perfect app for displaying my contacts.

Cheers,
    Vega...

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Go Contacts EX (what can I say, I like the GO Products). I use it as both dialer and contacts (swiping left/right takes you to dialer/contacts/groups/favorites).
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jbapps.contactpro&feature=search_result

Features:
    1. Quick find: by any letter, name, company, keyword.
    2. Group contacts: Drag&group; batch SMS or email by one-key press.
    3. Merge duplicated identified by name,phone number or by email address.
    4. Smart dialing: Only remember fraction of contact’s number or name? No problem, just press keys, it will give the matches.
    5. Speed dial:press on keys call someone.
    6. IP Dial:Chinese area IP dial supported.
    7. Theme supported: Dark (included) and Spring, Ice Blue (download separately)
    8. Backup / restore: Save contacts to or restore them from SD card, safe and secure.
    9. Number attribution: Show the registered location of phone number (Only available in Chinese version. Plugin download separately).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sadielynn

sadielynn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2011
    Female
    Michigan
    I use RocketDial. I used GO for a while, but it was laggy... No big deal until I had to call 911...no one wants a laggy dialer when a loved one is having a seizure...call went thru ok, but when your in a panic/adrenaline rush state, a couple of seconds feels waaaay to long

4. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    DW Contacts is pretty cool