1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your GS2 in a Case/Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sixel, Oct 20, 2011.

?

Do you put your phone in screen protector and/or case?

1. I have both screen protector and case

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. Only a case

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Only a screen protector

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. F*** no! My phone doesn't need it

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

Do you put your Galaxy S 2 in a case and or screen protector.

I have mine in a free squishy jelly case and screen protector that came with the GS2. I am thinking of getting it new ones, but does the S2 really need it?

Advertisement

2. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

If you're prone to dropping phones, or used to tossing them on tables and rough surfaces, then protectors with thick rubber corners are recommended (unless the phone falls screen-first really hard onto an object).

If you're prone to jumbling a hell lot of items in a pocket where the phone is located, you need a leather casing or a casing that acts as a secondary protection to your phone's screen... it prevents keys and other hard objects from tearing at the screen protector (if you accidentally stored the phone with the screen facing your body in your pocket) and depending on how pressed those objects are with your phone; maybe scratch the surface of the phone's screen.

If you're looking for leather protective casings, look for those that cover corners. My brother bought a leather casing whose top corners didn't have protection; he accidentally dropped his phone one day... the magnet fastener slided a little and exposed the phone's top corners to ground impact.

If you're awfully careful with your phone and most likely wont be encountering those issues above, you probably wont need any.

3. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Otterbox Commuter - accept no substitute :)

4. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

I have a casemate tough case and zagg screen protecter for extra safety plus case feels good to hold

5. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

I have a zagg screen protector and Samsung mesh type cover. It goes in the same pocket and nothing usually goes in with it, although I it scratch the screen protector with my bus pass!

6. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

wildetudor likes this.
  7. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

I'll try searching for a casemate...there aren't usually a lot of cases here in my country.

8. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

I use a black Casemate 'Barely There' case. It doesn't cover all the phone but the back and sides are protected, protects the camera bezel and it's rubberized feel makes it great to hold.

9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Case mate tough case and zagg invisible shield.

10. Riche101

Copycat :D

11. Riche101

12. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Android Enthusiast

I use a Melkco leather flip case and a SGP Steinheil Oleophobic protector which are both excellent.

13. camel_456

camel_456 Newbie

I've got a screen protector that came with my old SGP case, and a Casemate Tough case. Dropped my phone at the bus stop last night onto the pavement. Thank god for the Casemate, phone was fine and a slight scuff on the case.

Without the Casemate I'm sure the screen would have smashed. It landed right on the corner!

I'm never taking it off!

I had an SGP Neo Hybrid for a week and the silcone eventually went saggy on the back of the phone so I returned it.

The Casemate is only

14. floosy

floosy Newbie

Naked as the day it was born. My phone rides in a front pocket with nothing else in there ever. At work it sits in a cradle.

I like the look and feel of the SG2 naked and wouldnt want to wrap it up and hide it or cover that gorgeous screen in some cheap plastic.

I have never yet scratched a screen (touch wood) but I have dropped severl phones in the past without too much trauma. One I actually dropped because it was in a pouch case and as i gripped the case the phone slipped out and fell onto gravel!

15. Shotgun84

:D or are you copying me? Always been a fan of them.

16. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

I'm also having this dust problem. Any cases for that?

17. fonegyro

fonegyro Well-Known Member

Yup...

[​IMG]

:D

18. El dude

El dude Member

I have a screen protector and a cheapy plastic white case with the words "Galaxy S II" in silver on the bottom. It's pretty cool. Only cost

19. Riche101

Protection is worth it. But the S2 is tough watch the video

20. Shotgun84

21. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Just the casemate here, but at work I put a zip up camera case around it, saves the dust getting in.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews